Thread: Tips on 360

Default Tips on 360

been trying some 360's a few times now, and I just can't seem to get the board to catch to turn me the rest of the 180. When I go to execute I start the spin but than sort of end up less than 180 into the turn and just fall out of the wave. Should I be getting really low on the board? Is there any particular spot on the wave I should be digging into to complete the spin?

Quote Originally Posted by loudsubz View Post
    been trying some 360's a few times now, and I just can't seem to get the board to catch to turn me the rest of the 180. When I go to execute I start the spin but than sort of end up less than 180 into the turn and just fall out of the wave. Should I be getting really low on the board? Is there any particular spot on the wave I should be digging into to complete the spin?
    my problem is over rotation, i can't stop at 360 i over spin out of the wake...

i've been able to get a perfect 360 once, but i couldn't keep it going and fell out of the pocket.. not sure how to perfect it.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by spyder View Post
    my problem is over rotation, i can't stop at 360 i over spin out of the wake...
    put your hand in the water & use it as a brake, start pumping the board as you're coming around and spotting the back corner of the boat

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    put your hand in the water & use it as a brake, start pumping the board as you're coming around and spotting the back corner of the boat
    could i be spinning too fast?
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

some folks spin fast, like Bri Chmel, and some slower, like Dom Lagace. Bri rides skim w/out a fin and almost squats and uses her hands to help spin the board while Dom rides a larger skim and is more upright and uses his legs to control the board.

I start by speeding towards the boat from about halfway back in the pocket and try to do my rotation almost in the trough of the wake just a few feet behind the platform, but when I start my rotation I float about halfway up the wake. I do my 360s as more of 2 consecutive 180s. Seems to help to think of it this way. I kind of hesitate for a split second after the first and see where I'm at on the wake before continuing with the remaining 180. Then I spin the rest of the way around and try to position myself so I'm speeding back down the wake during the second rotation. I stay very low to the board but I don't use my hand. That's a good suggestion though to use the hand as a brake, because my wake is significantly larger and steeper now with my LSV than with my previous Supra and I'm finding myself over rotating pretty often and then I slip out and fall down the wake; more often than not I'm then unable to recover. I think I'll try that!

I've been messing around with changing the speed of my roation. I'm used to rotating relatively quickly, but that was because I had a much smaller wake with my Supra and needed to. Now with my wake I don't need to, so I've been rotating much slower and my hesitation in the middle is much longer, I pretty much just ride goofy for like a second or two. Still trying to dial it in with the new bigger wake. Just try starting your rotation at different points and try rotating faster and slower, figure out where the sweet spot is for you. The thing that helped me the most when I was first learning my 3's was just staying low to the board.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Oh and I ride skim with no front and rear middle fin. Just two small outer fins on the back.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV