Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2010 Ballast setup - whats your best wave?

Right now I have a 750 in the rear, and stock 400s in centre and driver side rear.

I also have 2 540lb moveable sacs I use. I seem to have an issue where I have a tall wave but the pocket isn't very long. I have experimented with moving the bags around from centre walk through to sides but was never really 100% happy.

Without getting any new bags, what do you guys find works best for placement? I know I am limited with the LSV as it isn't designed for a pure wake machine, but I want to find what will work best for casual surfing. Also if I don't need all the extra weight it would be better to save some $$ on gas too.

From my limited research it seems some people like 750 rear, 400 stock centre, and maybe 250 under the cooler area? Is that the general consensus or is there better options?

1100 surf side locker...370 (400)under surf side seat...370 (400) center floor...650 IBS. About the best you will get from the LSV. I had 750s last year and went up to 1100s this year. Perfect setup IMO...
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Default Re: 2010 Ballast setup - whats your best wave?

If you're worried about saving gas surfing isn't for you..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I have had upwards of 4k on my lsv, i could really only surf when the lake was glass when that heavy as i took to many swampers over the bow. Lately ive been riding with about 2750-3000. Anything more i think you are just burnin more gas than anything else. I also ride with a 1235 which is a monster. I also always surf on a full tank, thats another 300 pounds of ballast
    Last edited by lsvboombox; 07-22-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Throw one of those 540lb sacs in the bow if you want to lengthen the pocket

I've got my 2011 LSV feeling great right now. I've got 1100s in the rear, stock bag in the ski locker and the 650 IBS. If I have a couple of people to put in the seats on the surf side it is awesome, but it works really well with just my wife driving. I like a little weight in the goofy rear bag when I'm rising regular, maybe 10%. If we are goofy then no weight in the regular rear locker.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    I've got my 2011 LSV feeling great right now. I've got 1100s in the rear, stock bag in the ski locker and the 650 IBS. If I have a couple of people to put in the seats on the surf side it is awesome, but it works really well with just my wife driving. I like a little weight in the goofy rear bag when I'm rising regular, maybe 10%. If we are goofy then no weight in the regular rear locker.
    Same setup and it's great

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    If you're worried about saving gas surfing isn't for you..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Gee, let me go and sell the boat right now

Quote Originally Posted by lsvboombox View Post
    Lately ive been riding with about 2750-3000. Anything more i think you are just burnin more gas than anything else. I also ride with a 1235 which is a monster. I also always surf on a full tank, thats another 300 pounds of ballast
    Thanks thats what I was looking at. How much before adding more weight really doesn't affect the wave as drastically anymore, and you are just burning more gas.

I wont be getting the 1100 in the rear, so I will be sticking with the 750 and moving the other 2 bags around.

As for the front, is it best to just put the 540 on the floor above the 400 or on the seats? I get a little worried with lots of weight up front as I don't want to take on rollers and swamp it.