Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat Cover Help

As far as towing with cover that isn't very important to me the river is only 3 miles from my house I am more interested in it being water repellent are the evolutions good at repelling water? Didn't know that magic eraser was bad for vinyl I had a boat dealership tell me about them thanks for info.

Default Re: Boat Cover Help

They are abrasive and wear away the material. Bad info from your dealer.

Evolution cover was the best purchase I've ever made for my boat. Cory is amazing to work with!!

from Muh droid .....
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

You will find that the sun will help your stains. Leave it in the sun as much as possible. Use caution on what product you use on your vinyl if you want it or the stitching to last.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I just picked up my 2013 LSV this past Friday and like everyone else won't to keep it looking as new as possible for as long as possible. I looking for some indoor storage options and I may be able to squeeze her into the garage (once I move all my other junk out) but for now she is outside . My question is, should I go ahead and get an evolution cover (heard and read great times about them) and use it instead of the factory moomba cover that can with it or use the moomba cover until time to replace it. Also what are some good tips to get a long life out of the factory cover. I've upgraded from a I/O and the past (cheaper covers) I used on it worked great for about 1 1/2 and the went to crap. I do not mind paying more to protect my new baby if it will last, but 600-1000 every year and a half on boat covers cuts into my gas and toy money big time. Again hope to get her under a roof but wanted to know other options if I can't get her indoors. Thanks in advice for ideas.
    Last edited by FFEMTP933; 07-21-2013 at 09:11 PM.
    Todd

2013 Mobius LSV
    2008 Stingray 205LR sold

Quote Originally Posted by FFEMTP933 View Post
    I just picked up my 2013 LSV this past Friday and like everyone else won't to keep it looking as new as possible for as long as possible. I looking for some indoor storage options and I may be able to squeeze her into the garage (once I move all my other junk out) but for now she is outside . My question is, should I go ahead and get an evolution cover (heard and read great times about them) and use it instead of the factory moomba cover that can with it or use the moomba cover until time to replace it. Also what are some good tips to get a long life out of the factory cover. I've upgraded from a I/O and the past (cheaper covers) I used on it worked great for about 1 1/2 and the went to crap. I do not mind paying more to protect my new baby if it will last, but 600-1000 every year and a half on boat covers cuts into my gas and toy money big time. Again hope to get her under a roof but wanted to know other options if I can't get her indoors. Thanks in advice for ideas.
    If you have the full cover with the ratchet strap and the towing kit, use it until it wears out. It is one of the best factory covers I have ever seen.

My XLV had the snap covers, and they were not very good at keeping stuff out. My 2013 LSV with the Moomba full cover sits outside in the summer and gets garaged in the winter. I have left it out in torrential downpours, we have leaves that fall and blow onto it during storms, and there are bugs like crazy here. My stock cover keeps it all out.

It looks almost exactly like Mikes Evolution cover. I have had my "2013" for almost a year, and the cover looks new.
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

So Westland gets back with me and says I used a harsh cleaner on the cover and the water repellency broke down because of something I did. What a POS company the cover is only 3 months old why in the hell would I be washing a new cover my last boat (Super Air Nautique) cover was 5 years old and never got washed and I never had one problem with it. I would suggest no one buy anything from Westland as they do not stand behind their products. When I first purchased the cover it took three grown men to pull the cover over the swim platform Westlands response to that issue was it obviously had an after market swim platform great customer service they have shown to me in my 3 months of owning this cover.

Quote Originally Posted by FFEMTP933 View Post
    garageing it is the best cover. if you allready have a cover there would be no reason to rush out and get the Evolutions unless you plan to tow with it covered.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I tow with the stock cover, going to use and abuse it (it's outside 365) until I need an evolution cover, probably in a few years, I'm on year 2 with this cover, i bought used so it's a few years older...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I had a custom cover similar to the Evolution cover made in 2002 and after 12 years of being outdoors all the time it hasn't changed at all. It is made out of Topgun material. It's a heavier material then used on the Evolution covers but it will last for probably as long as you own the boat. Cost back then was $400.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD