Hybrid View

Exclamation Help with ballast fat sack system

Hi i have a Moomba LSV 08 with the fat-sack at the back, the overweight ones, but the pump and all cables are not changed. My fat-sack on the left side (goofy) is automatically filling up when i start moving. I have a mechanic coming to look at it, but he cannot come for 2 weeks and i really want to wake-surf (i have regular) is there a way is manually stopping the fat-sack on the left side from filling, i have tried cutting power to the pump and it seems to still fill up, also i know that there is a switch that allows the fat-sack to fill up automatically when moving but its not allowing me to turn it off. So basically if anyone knows a temp solution that i can use in the mean time to block the fat-sack from filling up, and also i don't know much about where parts are so if you could explain also.

Thanks alot in advance!!

Oli

I believe there this a shut off valve at the through Hull in the bottom of the boat. Should have a lever.
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

If you have the sprinkler valves system check to make sure the little black lever is not pressed down on the valve that goes to this bag.
    Last edited by jester; 07-19-2013 at 02:19 PM. Reason: added a word
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

This might also help so you know what you are looking at.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....er-Valve-Style

This photo is from WakeMakers.com on where they are at.

“Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

do i access this from inside the engine cover or under the boat?

You should be able to slide out the back seat and there is a cover that will open up to the Vdrive unit. The pumps should be mounted directly on top of the Vdrive unit. You should be able to see them.

Best to start getting familiar with this stuff yourself. It's a simple system that does not require a "mechanic". You'd be better off talking to a plumber or an electrician (don't get scared now -- it's only 12v). When you hit the fill switch on that "sprinkler" system it turns on the pump (same fill pump for all 3 bags). The particular switch (R,L,C) will also open the valve for the line to that bag. Lots of times all you have to do is remove the gray sprinkler valve, open it up and clean the crap out of it. Make sure the black lever is set to closed so it will not fill on its own. You can get a new one at Home Depot for about $15. No need to pay a mechanic-- this is really simple stuff. Good luck. If you have questions, take a pic of what your are looking at, post it and ask your question. We are all here to help.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

you can clean out the sprinkler valves without even removing them, here is one I took apart
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart