Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

I feel you on the sticker shock. My wife fell in love with the mojo at the boat show last year. I am trying to get her on the idea of the mondo if the numbers work out right and its priced between the obv and lsv. plau i can fit the mondo in my garage. I hate keeping my boat outside, even for a few days.
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    The problem is the 60k plus sticker shock... 3 times the price I paid for my current rig. My wife really likes the boat as well but she'd like to see much smaller numbers. I might be able to sell high 50's but 60's might be out of reach.
    2 completely different worlds, though. You are probably getting 3x the boat. No doubt about it, the price of wake boats is borderline ridiculous. Thats why I'm sitting on a used one. However, they seem to be selling.

It's very hard to beat an inboard. You are making a huge jump from an 18' i/o to a 22' inboard.

What about a Mondo? (based on estimated msrp) Or are you looking for a right now boat?

Last edited by KG's Supra24; 07-17-2013 at 03:27 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

if they are within 2k of retail on the trade, it would seem you are getting a good deal. if it were me, I'd push the trade price up another 1k and sign on the line. they are probably offering you 3-5k in "trade" on the 'liner.

mojo is a great machine, but if it's $$'s, perhaps an lsv? that would be a great tradeup from the old boat and still offer you all the wake benefits in a little less costly package? you are only losing a foot in length and a little bow room?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Or tell 'em to call you in a month and go sell your last boat.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Well, I adjusted my offer a bit, I certainly hope it works out. I think the wife will pull the plug if this offer doesn't pan out. She liked the möbius as well... Although we both like the idea of a bit more space and weight capacity.

I don't need the boat, but we will need one at some point... Our boat isn't big enough and I'd really like to experience better wake.

Default 2013 Mojo - Pricing Help

I think you could go to an OBV or LSV and be just as happy - that is a HUGE leap from your current boat.

I'd also suggest negotiating the purchase as a standalone, then talk about trade after. Get the price independent of any financial wizardry that can be done with transfer of equity/debt from the other boat to the new one.

Skip the middle-man and go straight to the dealer selling the boat - the extra drive will be worth it.

Don't be afraid to walk away. Worst case scenario you start over in winter and get the option of ordering custom.

Remember, most dealers buy on margin, so don't believe the BS that they don't need to budge on price - every month that boat is on their lot is a month they are paying interest on!
    2013 Outback V

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'd really like to stick with the Mojo for the extra space... I'm not sure the mondo would be much of an improvement space wise (although it holds more than twice the weight as my Bayliner). Möbius seems a bit more roomy... Hard to tell without seeing them all side by side.

Im hoping to hear more back today, if all goes well we may be moomba owners this year... If not, I guess we'll wait it out.

Ian is right, any one of these boats will be a huge upgrade from the 185. Don't worry about the size differences, it's the change for I/O to v-drive that will give you a major change in performance and storage. Good luck!
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

Something to consider that you may not have thought of.

The Mojo will not fit in a standard garage very easily. You may be able to shove one in if you let most of the air out of the tires, but it would be sketchy.

I down-sized to an LSV for this very reason. My LSV feels just as roomy as my XLV did.
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

Does anyone know when ordering starts for the Mondo and other 14 models? Just trying to plan ahead...

As far as fitting in the garage goes, no worries there as i rent space in a storage facility. I kept my Bayliner in the garage for the past few years but it barely fit.