Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

the other question, is this a new build or an existing inventory. dealers have no real motivation to move as much on a build job vs one on the lot.

the trade does add into the mix as well. if they are giving you much over 5-7k for the trade, you have to factor that into the purchase price. might be better off to sell the 'liner on your own and negotiate outright purchase.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    They certainly should do better than MSRP. I was thinking mid 50's but maybe I'm off base.

My area is the Midwest.
    Id have to go build one on the boat builder site to see what your options are MSRP at but also right now Dealers aren't going to give too much discount because its Summer, your buying at the worst time as a buyer. You really want to by end of the summer, and or winter, early in the year when inventory is stale and boats are harder to move, this puts you in the drivers seat.

Up in the PNW most of the Mojo's are going for low 60s with simular option packages. 63 isn't a bad price, but it also depends on what the MSRP really is on the boat.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Re: 2013 Mojo - Pricing Help

$63 is good, IMO, the way that is optioned out and if they are being more than fair on your trade.

This boat is current inventory, one of three boats very similarly optioned. When I used the builder I got a MSRP around 64.

Default Re: 2013 Mojo - Pricing Help

Did you capture the trailer options?

I've not seen any of these boats in person. The website says price listed is MSRP. I know there are some trailer options included. I know all three are within about $1k

so ask yourself are the giving you 4-5k over what that 'liner is really worth as a trade(not resell).
    if so, pull the plug and enjoy.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Yea, whats the deal with the trade? If it is the same price you would sell it for in the private market then they are doing you well on the trade. Especially when they make it easy. They have to make a mark up on the trade or its not worth it to them .... they either get it from the trade or asking price of the Mojo.

Sounds like they may be getting it from asking price of the Mojo.

FWIW, I was offered about the same, maybe a little more, than I would list my boat for last year on trade. It surprised me. Seems like car dealers typically work the other way around and want to give you nothing for your car and a good deal on the new one.

It's all about the net number, not the asking price. What is NADA and offer of the Bayliner?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    I've not seen any of these boats in person. The website says price listed is MSRP. I know there are some trailer options included. I know all three are within about $1k
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2013-...c9b34d&vxp=mtr

Boats are at peak value in the summer. Most Moomba dealers are selling out without any real discounts. If they do have any left, they pay taxes on them over the winter.

Either wait until buying season, or go for the deal. If this guy (link) thinks an LSV is worth 65K, the boats must be selling well.
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

The trade offer is pretty decent, maybe 2k less than I can get for it on the private market. Still come out ahead vs my current loan, without all of the hassle. I'm confident the dealer can turn it around for a small profit rather quickly.

The problem is the 60k plus sticker shock... 3 times the price I paid for my current rig. My wife really likes the boat as well but she'd like to see much smaller numbers. I might be able to sell high 50's but 60's might be out of reach.