Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Salyers View Post
    I've got 3 different boards I ride regularly depending on my mood that day or that set.
    it becomes an issue for some, like us. this was from late March and this year we've added:

5 custom Soulcraft boards
    1 Phase 5 Prop
    1 Victoria Agent

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    I know this is somewhat off topic... but with a Mojo on the way I can't help but think about surfing. Any suggestions for a good board that people of all sizes and skill levels can enjoy? I'm 6' 210lbs, my wife is only about 120lbs... and then we've got family and friends of many sizes. I've been looking at the Ronix Cortez, it's available locally and is fairly cheap. Also, what type of wake surfing ropes are you guys using?

Also, I'm super excited to wakeboard behind a real wake boat with speed control! The break in process is going to be torture!
    I have a CWB Ride as the 'boat board". Everyone can ride it, including me. I am 6'4" and 220lbs. It is fast enough with me on it that I can fall way back in the wash (20ft or so back) and still stay on the wave.

It isn't the board for tricks, but I have a feeling that if you love to wakeboard, the novelty of surfing may wear off soon after you learn how.

If not, you can ride it until it begins to hold you back, and then there are several folks here who can point you in the right direction when it comes time to buy another board.

My advice is to upgrade the ballast before you even buy a board. Your stock wave will frustrate you. If you add an 1100 on your surf side v-drive locker, add about 250-400 under your surf side seats, and add an IBS or 400 or more #s to the bow, you will surf ropeless on day one with just about any board you can buy.
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

Default 2013 Mojo - Pricing Help

I'm with Drew on this one. You need a board sized for the people who are going to be riding. It's not fair to make a 230lb guy ride a board sized for his 110lb daughter/wife or vice versa. Most people who wake board wouldn't think of not sizing a board for a persons weight and a surf board is the same.

I do have a CWB Ride, but we almost never use it any longer because it is too big for the lighter folks and too slow for the heavier people. It is a big, slow, stable board but it is frustrating and I think it holds back almost anybody that rides it. It is ok for just standing and cruising but that gets old fast.

I've got a cheap board I picked up off Amazon that I still like but I'm in the market for a custom, probably from Doomswell since they are local to me. My wife and girls are riding a Liquid Force Custom I bought from someone on this forum and are really enjoying it. I think they are about ready for a shorter board too though. Man I think it going to end up like Drew, lol.

Best option would be to borrow a Ride or Broadcast to see how you like surfing, then spend your money on something better. Definitely upgrade the ballast as soon as possible.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Bought a 2013 Mojo a month ago. List was $61+, paid $54K. It had not been on the lot but a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    I'm with Drew on this one. You need a board sized for the people who are going to be riding. It's not fair to make a 230lb guy ride a board sized for his 110lb daughter/wife or vice versa. Most people who wake board wouldn't think of not sizing a board for a persons weight and a surf board is the same.

I do have a CWB Ride, but we almost never use it any longer because it is too big for the lighter folks and too slow for the heavier people. It is a big, slow, stable board but it is frustrating and I think it holds back almost anybody that rides it. It is ok for just standing and cruising but that gets old fast.

I've got a cheap board I picked up off Amazon that I still like but I'm in the market for a custom, probably from Doomswell since they are local to me. My wife and girls are riding a Liquid Force Custom I bought from someone on this forum and are really enjoying it. I think they are about ready for a shorter board too though. Man I think it going to end up like Drew, lol.

Best option would be to borrow a Ride or Broadcast to see how you like surfing, then spend your money on something better. Definitely upgrade the ballast as soon as possible.
    Kinda bummed I'll need to do anything to a 60k+ boat, but I guess that's the way it is. My local store has the Cortez and Broadcast both under $300.

My brother and I are within about 20 lbs so I guess I'm just used to having one board on the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchb View Post
    Bought a 2013 Mojo a month ago. List was $61+, paid $54K. It had not been on the lot but a couple of days.
    Sounds like you got a great deal, congrats!
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    I'm in Cedar Falls. We do most of our boating in Coralville but also head your way from time to time and hit Saylorville. We run on a little lake here in town which is great on week nights as well. Then we do occasional trips to the Mississippi, Okoboji, and occasionally a short stretch on the Cedar River here in CF when the conditions are right.
    Send me a note next time you are in the area and you can borrow a board to try

I'm staying against the grain on this one. If you have never tried wakesurfing, I don't agree with the "buy a board for everyone" mentality.

If you really like the sport, then it makes sense. If you are a wakeboarder and love wakeboarding, surfing may be a little boring to you.

Like I said earlier, the Ride and from what I have heard, the Broadcast are good beginner boards. You can learn on them, and decide from there.

Ballast is an upgrade that will suit wakeboarding as well. If surfing doesn't impress you much, the ballast is still money well spent.
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

Default Re: 2013 Mojo - Pricing Help

On a side note, does anyone use a wakesurf board bag?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I'm not totally against the Ride or Broadcast, I just think they are boring and not representative of real wake surfing. Best thing to do would be to borrow one for a day and see if you like it, then spend money on a real board. Same goes for wakeboarding.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    On a side note, does anyone use a wakesurf board bag?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Yep, have some of the Inland Surfer "board socks," Liquid Force ones, a nice one from Phase5/Zap and am looking at a hard shell travel one from Swell Shell