Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default 2013 Mojo - Pricing Help

Hello all. I'm new to the forum and fairly new to the Moomba brand. I've been in an 07 Bayliner 185 for the past 6 years and I'm looking to get something a little bigger and better for wakeboarding... I'd also like to learn to surf. Many of my family members also board, ski and tube.

I'm looking at 13 Mojo's mostly, very impressed with what I've seen. My local dealer doesn't have any Moomba inventory but they work closely with another dealership in the area... they transfer inventory "at cost." I know the subject of pricing is somewhat touchy but I'd like to know what I should expect to pay.

Right now I've gotten what I would consider a fair trade in price but I'm being quoted around MSRP for the Mojo (base + options). I would think that with 14's right around the corner dealers would be trying to move these, I'm sure there are some factory incentives. In looking through this forum and other forums and articles, I don't think I'd be out of line to expect 10% or more below MSRP. The local dealer just took on the Moomba brand and I'd think they'd also like to see some product on the lake...

I just saw the Mondo release info as well, nice boat but I think I'd like the extra space the Mojo offers.

I would appreciate any input folks are willing to provide. Thanks!

Default 2013 Mojo - Pricing Help

Make the offer & see what they say. Pricing varies too much to try and pin it down. It varies based on the options, margin dealer wants to make and even things like freight.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 07-17-2013 at 08:34 AM.

drew is correct and at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the price is. if both parties feel they got a good deal, then it was a success. trades always muddy the waters as well, especially as we move closer to the end of the season where they are going to carry that inventory for a while..

I know that others paid both more and less than I did for my current boat, but I feel it was a great deal and that's what matters

good luck and you will enjoy that boat..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Well, I submitted a # which I believe is fair. Since I'm working through two dealerships both hoping to make a buck... I guess we'll see what happens. If it works out, I'll be a happy Moomba owner... if not... who knows.

When do the 14's start hitting showroom floors? Maybe 3 or 4 months? I'm sure when it starts getting colder and these things are still sitting around they'll be even more willing to deal.

Thanks again.

I believe that the 14's are already being scheduled for spray dates in Aug.

Just FYI, Skier's Choice has established dealer territories. It's not like buying a car where you can pit two dealers against each other unless you can claim residency in both sales territories.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post

Just FYI, Skier's Choice has established dealer territories. It's not like buying a car where you can pit two dealers against each other unless you can claim residency in both sales territories.
    Ive heard of this myth. My local dealer has the worst prices so i found a dealer that had good prices. I'd rather drive the extra mile to deal with someone else

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post

Myth or not, I'm not trying to pit them against each other. I'm trying to work through my local dealer who has a relationship with the other dealer to exchange stock at cost.

I've submitted an offer of what I'm willing to pay... which is what it's worth to me. We'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    I've submitted an offer of what I'm willing to pay... which is what it's worth to me. We'll see what happens.
    Hope to hear some good news & see some pics of the new ride soon!

GOOD LUCK

^ second that. getting a new toy is always exciting
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Wish I had better news. I've more or less been offered MSRP on the Mojo (it's pretty loaded so it's above $60k). My trade offer is fair.

Anyone know anything about factory incentives out there to help dealers move 2013 inventory?

I'd love to get a Mojo but I just don't feel I'm getting a fair deal Sucks.