Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Double HD cameras and a screen for $65 at Amazon. I did my truck with a single camera and a friends truck and 5th wheel with two cameras. He used the trailer camera for backing up.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

What is your overall length from front bumper to swim platform?
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    What is your overall length from front bumper to swim platform?
    72ft 4in - I've got about 3 ft to spare. That's gonna come in handy here in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    how do you get the boat trailer hooked up?
    Really easy. Just back up the camper slowly and get it fairly close. With the fulton dual wheel jack you can manuever the boat quite a bit to get it hooked up. A spotter helps alot!

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Did you, or should I say, 'how much' lift went onto the 5th wheel to line up with your truck? Just an axle/spring flip? Looks like she's ridin pretty tall.
    About 7inches. They are torsion axles so it has a boxed frame that was added to to get the lift. Extra clearance comes in handy here when trying to get into the forest service. Local trailer shop did the work and replaced the bumper with new and reinforced for the tandem pull.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

What size fifth wheel did you end up getting? Is your truck a duramax? If not, which gasser do you have?

Good thread BTW. When I was a kid my dad pulled our jetskis behind the fifth wheel. One time we had a flat and didn't know, luckily somebody on the highway flagged us down! In Michigan you need a "Double R" endorsement, and I think the length limit was recently changed from 69ft to 75ft. It was funny, a couple years ago when I went to get my endorsement the lady at the Sec of State had no idea what I was talking about when I asked to take my Double R test, she had to go look through files to even find it since she had no idea it even existed!

I choo-chood with my duck boat behind my half ton and old small (20 foot) fifth wheel up through last year with no problems at all. I "upgraded" last fall to a 25ft 5th wheel and a 3/4 ton truck, and I've been thinking about choo-chooing with my LSV. I'm concerned with the overall weight and the overall length, but your setup gives me hope. At least in Michigan other rules are the fifth wheel has to be heavier than the rear trailer, and the truck has to be rated to tow the total weight (not sure how they'd verify that on the road). My fifth wheel is about 5300lbs dry, and my boat has got to be about 4000lbs, so especially including people, gear, and gas I'm stretching the limit on my 2000 Dodge 3/4 ton if it's even that high. Not to mention I think the old 5.9L gasser would struggle a lot with that weight, so I would likely have to trade up to a diesel rig. We would only do it once or twice a year probably since we live on a lake and rarely take our boat elsewhere, so I could maybe get away with it.

Question for jimmobius if you read this...how in the world did you get away with pulling a jetski behind your boat behind a class a? I thought it was only legal to double up behind a fifth wheel, had no idea it was legal with a bumper pull. I know at least in Michigan it's not legal, maybe other states it is?
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Attachment 18071

Well got my "choo choo" on this past weekend with much success.
    Poor camper had no idea what it was in for.. Didn't even have a chance to stay no!
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Wax,
    Well I never was stopped or questioned about it by the law, did this in Col, Wyo, Ut, Mt. It is legal in these states as far as double trailers . Brakes on both trailers were not required I guess. The jet ski and trailer didn't weigh very much , maybe that's why I wasn't stopped. I did have the hitch on the boat trailer offset to the left side so I could see the trailer in my mirror .
    Jim
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by jimmobius View Post
    Wax,
    Well I never was stopped or questioned about it by the law, did this in Col, Wyo, Ut, Mt. It is legal in these states as far as double trailers . Brakes on both trailers were not required I guess. The jet ski and trailer didn't weigh very much , maybe that's why I wasn't stopped. I did have the hitch on the boat trailer offset to the left side so I could see the trailer in my mirror .
    Jim
    I've seen pictures a few times before on the internet of a similar setup to what you're describing, however I know in Michigan it's completely illegal to do if the first connection isn't a fifth wheel. I don't even think it's legal behind a gooseneck. I've never looked into other state's laws really, but it is cool to hear somebody that actually did it and had no issues!

I've seen alot of boat trailers modified to carry a couple skiis in addition to boat. Some of the setups are pretty sweet.
    I think i'll stay with what I have for the time being.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Yeah I've seen those with like the hydraulic or mechanical swing up 2nd level. I saw one at the lake when I was a kid and thought it was the coolest thing. Just recently I saw like a 28 or 30ft powerboat from the late 80's for sale maybe on CL or ebay that had 2 place 2nd level for skis, was really cool.

If only she'd let me have 2 expensive boats...if I even had time for it lol

Viking, how's the choo-chooing going? I think I'm taking my fifth wheel in tomorrow to have a receiver welded up to it. I was going to try and attempt it myself, but looks like I need an additional frame crossmember added and if I'm ever going to attempt pulling the LSV I want it done right. The RV place I get most of my hitch stuff done at will weld it up and even install the light hookup, if I provide the wiring, for $300.

My only concern is running a 5 flat back there, not sure where I'd even connect the reverse to since I don't think there's any back up lights on the trailer like on vehicles...but it has to have the signal somewhere coming through the 7 pin into the trailer wiring I would think.