Default 2002 Moomba Outback Carburated 310 HP Bogs down at High speed

My 2002 Outback 5.7L Carbureted 310 Hp Bogs down at High speed. This is extremely confusing. Engine starts fine and will run fine but at times will lose power and not turn over 2000 rpm, sometimes not over 1000 rpm. Other times it stalls out completely. This, however only occurs while in gear. Take it out of gear and rev the engine and it will run all day at high rpm. I initially thought bad gas or plugs or fuel filter but I changed plugs, wires and fuel filter and it still occurs. Take it out of gear and it runs fine. Could it be electrical or maybe transmission. Also, it doesn't happen all the time. I skied with it last night for an hour and no problem. Today I ran it in the morning, let it sit for a few hours and this afternoon it ran lousy and couldn't get 2000 rpm out of it in gear. Out of gear it would rev all the rpms you wanted. Any suggestions from anyone??

Default Re: 2002 Moomba Outback Carburated 310 HP Bogs down at High speed

There's no load on the engine so of course it's going to run "fine" when in neutral.. I'd check compression and then the fuel system. You might need a carb rebuild or pump and or filter and plugs cap rotor..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by parrothd; 07-13-2013 at 11:21 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Thanks for the reply, I did the plugs, wires and fuel filter. I'm guessing next maybe fuel pump. I'll try that and see how it goes!

Default Re: 2002 Moomba Outback Carburated 310 HP Bogs down at High speed

jay how did you make out? I'm going thru the same thing with my 05lsv

from Muh droid .....
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!