Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Outback V Questions

I'm starting my boat shopping for next year. I'm taking a really hard look at the Outback V but I need some suggestions. Right now I own an 18' I/O. My typical passenger load is four but if the kids bring friends we could have up to seven. Our typical outing is after work load up and go tubing, skiing, and kneeboarding. We won't be setting any world records in watersports but we like it and want something that will accomodate the things we like to do reasonably well. We will be picking up a wakeboard in the next week or so. I'm looking at the OBV because by looking at pictures it appears to be the only model with a ski locker in the floor. Is that true? It also appears to have plenty of storage for other assorted things that go with us. I saw the Mobius at the boat show last year and I liked it but there didn't appear to be a place for the skis that wouldn't interfere with the ballast system. Any suggestions or things I need to pay attention to would be appreciated.

Scot

You can always get a rack for your skis that goes on the tower. The LSV has a ski locker but usually there is a ballast bag there. I thought the same about the Outback V too. You could take it out or maybe even order it without the ballast but I'm willing to bet once you all start wakeboarding and then discover surfing you will wish you had it. So I say go LSV and order some Roswell Ski racks for those skis you want to put in the ski locker.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

The Outback V does have a ski locker, but it is also part of the ballast system, there is a ballast bag in the locker. The LSV and Mojo each have lockers too and they also share with the ballast systems. Perhaps a better means of water ski storage once the boat is launched is a set of water ski racks from Monster Tower that can be mounted on the boats tower. http://shop.monstertower.com/p-32-mo...-ski-rack.aspx
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

I have a 2012 OBV and we ski, board, & surf. We use the ski locker for skis now as we don't use the center ballast much. If we are surfing & want to fill the center, I just pull the ski or skis.
    I have just ordered a ski rack to put on my tower though. Generally speaking, there is plenty of storage if you are smart about it. I may pull the cooler out as well, as we never use it (probably the only "extra" I truly dislike).
    Great all around boat. We upgraded to it from a 19' I/O and have loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012 OBV

If you're skiing, then my guess is that ballast will be empty and you can normally fit skis in the rear locker of the Mojo, LSV or Outback V and run them up under the seats. This will let you order a boat with the ballast system, which I recommend.

For 2013/2014 the only boat that will have a traditional, "ski locker" in the center floor will be the OBV. The OBV is a great all-around boat. There is a new model, the Mondo, that you might also want to consider.

I have an 08 OBV and it is a great boat. You have storage in the back and the Center locker if you do not fill the system. The center ski locker will fit a ski on top of the bag and the left compartment will also fit a ski on top of the empty bag. There is good space in the boat. It gets a little busy with more then 8 people in the boat but is manageable. I just hate clutter. You can speed up and get a good ski wake( or little wake) but also a good wake for beginning to wakeboard. The boat has the power to tow two tubes without an issue. I now have 300 hours on mine without any issues.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

After we ordered our 2012 OBV, I found out that Roswell has a ski rack that matched the factory wakeboard rack for the OZ tower. Had the dealer switch it out for me when the boat was delivered. That said, there is lots of space in the OBV, can still store skis in the rear corner areas, as it is open through to the seats, so skis will fit there too. See pics of the ski rack attached. Me and my wife ski, kids ski and wakeboard, tubes, you name it this boat does it well enough to make everyone happy.

Jeff

2012 Outback V

If you want a pic of the rack without the skis in it, just let me know. Gonna be spending lots of time with the boat starting this Saturday. By the way, we also upgraded from an 18 foot I/O and would never look back now. You will not regret it!
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

I expect you'll see a bunch of OBV's only a couple years old coming up in the next year as people who trade or bump up a couple years go to the new Mondo. Gonna be a big seller.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

plenty of room under the passenget seat base or in the cubby for skis on the lsv too.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart