Thread: Kicker Amp

Default Kicker Amp

Just got on the boat and my DX 1000.1 that powers my subs to crapped out. 6 days over 1 year so I assume warrenty is up. Anyone know if kicker provides repair service? Or anyone know of a less expensive replacement. Haven't diagnosed the problem just wanted to share my frustration. ..wont ruin the day. Any day on the boat is a good day.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by BWeber; 07-13-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    "The Boomba" '12 Mojo 345HP

Tow Rig: '08 Duramax

Might sent Phil with Kicker a PM.

philwsailz

He might be able to help but no promises.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by BWeber View Post
    Just got on the boat and my DX 1000.1 that powers my subs to crapped out. 6 days over 1 year so I assume warrenty is up. Anyone know if kicker provides repair service? Or anyone know of a less expensive replacement. Haven't diagnosed the problem just wanted to share my frustration. ..wont ruin the day. Any day on the boat is a good day.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2
    Get this on the record with Kicker ASAP. The resolution will ultimatley come from Kicker. Rarely is a big deal made over six days. A good dealer carries some clout with the manufacturer also.
    BUT, get the amplifier bench checked independent of the boat.
    AND, do the necessary analysis as to how you use the system, what kind of voltage supply you have under all conditions, and anything else that could result in a repeat performance.

David

Holler at customer service, (800) 256-0808 to get an RMA number. Get the unit sent in asap. I wouldn't worry about 6 days... It oughta be okay.

Now if they come back and tell you water damage, well that is usually a different issue, but even non-warranty repairs are cheap. Sending it in is your absolute best bet!

BTW, electronics warranty is 2 years......

Good luck and let us know how it turns out. We are here to help!

Phil
    Kicker