Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trailering Mojo

Hybrid View

Default Trailering Mojo

Ok I know this has been hit on before but just wanted to double check. We are getting ready to trailer the Mojo 300 to 400 miles. Has anyone had trouble with losing the bow filler seat or any other seats? Hate to be doing 70 and have a seat fly out. Any advice?
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

don't tow much either, but it's a good 100+ mile trip to dealership when I do take it in for winterization and freeway driving. Haven't seen the cushions move at all. But, if you want to be safe, there should be room in the rear lockers for them. Some folks use Velcro on the seat base & underside of seat for a little added peace of mind.

I trailer mine all the time all over the place, No issues with the Bow seats at all, but if you remove 1 you have to remove them all, because the center is the one that really locks in the seats.

Technically the air comes over the truck, and lands right in the bow forcing those seats downward. WHen we tow long distance, anything over 60 miles we use the Evolution cover we have, watching the air flow on all the covers i have had on all the boats, the Bow gets hit with downward air.

I think the rear cusions are at more of a risk but honestly i have never had a single seat get loose towing.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I trailer mine all the time all over the place, No issues with the Bow seats at all, but if you remove 1 you have to remove them all, because the center is the one that really locks in the seats.

Technically the air comes over the truck, and lands right in the bow forcing those seats downward. WHen we tow long distance, anything over 60 miles we use the Evolution cover we have, watching the air flow on all the covers i have had on all the boats, the Bow gets hit with downward air.

I think the rear cusions are at more of a risk but honestly i have never had a single seat get loose towing.
    It's not the air you need to worry about, it's hitting a bump that knocks them up and out..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbyg88 View Post
    I have a 07 OBV and I have issue with the back seat flying up when I am going about 65 mph. I looked in the rear view mirror and I saw the back seat floating in the air level with the sun deck. I am not sure how it would be with a newer boat.
    Same thing happened with my 03 lsv--was kinda strange to see it levitating--had to stay under 63 and it would be ok

found my 08's seat bottom behind the drivers sitting on the floor one time-that was after doing about 80. i then velcro'd all the seat bases down for peace of mind.

Now anytime im towing longer distance's i use my evolution cover
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    It's not the air you need to worry about, it's hitting a bump that knocks them up and out..
    Dang what kinda bumps you hittin? LOL With a tandom i have nefer really seen the boat bounce to jump on a bump. I can see hitting a good bump with a single and it loosening the seats.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I purchased my Mojo in Nevada and trailered it home to Spokane over two days of driving at 65-70. I left all the cushions in place and the tower in the up position. Had no problems what so ever and have not had issues since.
    2012 Mojo

I trailer mine to the dealership and on vacation with the cover it came with. It is a Great Lakes brand trailerable cover with vents behind the windshield. I don't know if it is a factory cover or dealer specific but it looks and fits like a factory cover. If you have it I would suggest using it. Then you can pack the boat up with all your stuff and leave room in your vehicle.
    2015 SC400
    2012 Mojo (sold)

We trailer our Mojo on a 400mi trip, twice a year. Also for the first year we towed 50miles one way to the take every weekend. I never tow with cover on and I have not had a single issue with the seats. I always makes sure everything on the tower is tight and double check that the windshield is latched.
    "The Boomba" '12 Mojo 345HP

Tow Rig: '08 Duramax

I have a 07 OBV and I have issue with the back seat flying up when I am going about 65 mph. I looked in the rear view mirror and I saw the back seat floating in the air level with the sun deck. I am not sure how it would be with a newer boat.
    2007 Moomba Outback V