Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default USB input on 2013 LSV sounds terrible

I generally use my phone on pandora or my playlists when we are on the water. (I have the stock Sony head unit with usb input). I connect the iPhone to the mini-jack port on the front.

I connected a thumb drive to the USB port cord the other day, and it sounded terrible. My subwoofer sounded blown and my cabin speakers were muffled.

I have tons of music that I could use if I could get the USB input to sound good, but these are all Mp3 songs that I do not have on iTunes.

Has anyone used the USB port with good results? If so, what was the way you used it? It would be really nice to just have a thumb drive full of music I could leave on the boat.
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

I use it with the Iphone 4s and it works great. Try it with your phone and see if you get the same results. Unless you have the Iphone 5? Sounds like your mp3 file is corrupted.
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Have used with both ipod and iphone with great results. My understanding is that you should also be able to use with a thumb drive with no problems.
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

I've run into the issue you are describing when trying to play downloaded music from questionable file sharing sources. I think it has something to do with the compression of the mp3 files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

To you all who use the phone with no problems, are you plugging it in to the USB? I have only plugged mine into the aux mini-jack port using the headphone jack on the phone (iPhone 5). This sounds very good on my boat.

The thumb drive to USB is my only issue. It may be the mp3 source, but my old android phone would play the same tracks really well through my aux mini-jack in my last boat.

What I wanted to do was use the thumb drive for a huge music library and leave it plugged in. Anyone done this with success?
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

I keep an extra white USB iphone cable plugged in and use that to play through the phone. It keeps the phone charged and IMO sounds better than using the aux jack.

Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

I guess it's possible that you have a bad USB cable with some broken strands on the inside?

Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

One of my USB I phone cords went bad and started making popping noises at higher volumes. New cord no more issues.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

If its a Sony deck make sure DSO is off - my stereo sounded terrible, all because of the damn DSO.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    One of my USB I phone cords went bad and started making popping noises at higher volumes. New cord no more issues.
    Did you replace your cable with another iPhone cord? I think I might have some issue with my current iPhone cable - it's making weird noises after several hours of playback. I have a Kenwood deck and they recommend their iPhone cable (of course!), not sure that is necessary.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.