Default Boomerang Interior

As I have said before I have a 94 Boomerang, I have question about the seating. Is there supposed to be a seat across the back of the boat? Mine doesn't have one, but tonight I came across a couple of ads that show a rear seat in it. If you do have one, do you use it? I was thinking about adding seats there but after putting the boat in the water I was afraid that the people sitting there would get too wet. Any thoughts?

Brian

buddy has same boat. his came with the rear seat, which was nothing more than a foam pad wrapped in vinyl and set on the floor. he built up a wood storage bin underneath it-think it's around 4" tall, then placed the seat on top of that. it's a great place to sit as you can drag your hand in the water while underway with such a shallow freeboard. we only used it for getting out to the dock as once you start skiing, you can't sit there due to the rope and the riders cutting back and forth. never had an issue getting wet in most occasions, but if the lake was very choppy, some spray would make it in, but isn't that what we're on the water for
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

If I plan to get in and out of the water much then the rear seat stays home. If I plan to haul people then the seat stays in. I normally keep it out as I ski when I go out and the seat gets in the way, gets wet and dirty and takes up room.

Somewhere in your boat's history someone removed it and it was never replaced. Perhaps the boat seats needed redone and they opted to remove it rather than fix it.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD