Default General Advice Thread

Guys,

I see my original thread got closed (which is fine).

Just wanted to say thanks to those that offered info on the boats.

Cheers.

RR

I'm pretty much a newb also. This is a great site for reference; it has been very useful for me (found my boat on here, did fat sac trade, found modification information, etc). I think everybody on here is pretty respectful in general, so my suggestion is just act accordingly. In my opinion there are 2 issues here...you came on as a fresh newb and called nearly everybody's sport "happy" in the derogatory way which can really rub people the wrong way lol, and your user name makes it really hard to take you seriously. I don't know if you're trying to be funny with these two things, or if you're maybe too old to know better?

To chip in on your boat question, you won't go wrong with anything you buy. I just upgraded from a 2000 Supra Launch DD to a 2006 Moomba Mobius LSV, but I only did it because it was a good deal for me overall and I primarily surf and wakeboard (I do ski some, but have friends with very nice ski boats). I've wakeboarded and surfed behind many older DD ski boats with great results. My suggestion is maybe look for an old Sport Nautique DD. Early 90's can be had relatively inexpensive, and it's a good size boat with an open bow and is an excellent all-around watersports boat. It sounds to me like your boat won't be used and maintained enough to justify spending big money on a boat, there are plenty of beautiful boats that are more than what you need for well under $10k.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

RR is ed!........,.....

lol I don't know who that is, but I assume a past/current member screwin with everybody haha! somebody check his IP!
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

I hope it was Ed. He would see the humor. Fwiw, I'm with RR on the hats.
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

Thanks.

Rest assured the user name is real. I have been a member of snowmobile forums for probably a decade with the same Username. Long before it was a South Park skit (look it up! LOL). Back in 2001 I had a sled, it was red, and it was a rocket!

I was just saying I am not looking to get into wakeboarding or surfing in any big way.

Maybe it is different for "boaters" but the sledding community doesn't fight amongst each other over what type of rider you happen to be (rough trail guy, long distance tourer, mountain rider etc etc). The only thing we like to argue about is brand loyality - which OEM is better or your brand stinks. But it is all in good fun and any sledder would not hesitate to offer to help a fellow sledder.

I agree I don't need a $40-50K boat. Just want something instead of that 18ft I/O bowrider I mentioned.

We are "cottagers" and the boat will just be another thing to use while up there. It won't be something we look to use a lot and the kids are pretty small. So any DD boat is probably overkill anyway.

Thanks again!