Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Buying 2005 Mobius LS!

I am looking into buying a 2005 Mobius LS that has a lot of the options I was looking for. Comes with the stock ballast, tower, 2 racks, 2 speakers and looks to be kept in pretty good condition. NADA has it at $23,500 and the guy has it listed at $24,900. I was wondering what kind of price seems fair in todays market?

Thanks for the help,

Eric

Look at hours and condition. Does he have service records? Almost every boat I've ever seen from Wisconsin or Minnesota has been extremely nice after 8 years. Short season and proper winterization and storage make for a nice boat for a long time.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

There are 151 hours, I'm going to check it out later this week in person but I wanted to have a solid pricepoint in my head before seeing it. m.jpg

I've been looking for a while now, seems like everything sells slightly above nada average worth unless you catch a break. If the boat is in nice condition(above normal), the seller knows what he has and that someone will pay a little extra. I'm not by any means trying to persuade you, but I missed out on a lot of nice boats over the last 6 months because I'm always trying to get the best deal possible. Of course get the best price you can, but if its good shape and you like it, I would say don't be afraid to go a little over nada. I would make an offer at the low nada value, but be willing to work with the seller to keep it fair. What's a grand over 3-5 years of ownership.

You got that right. A thousand over three years (not including interest) is $27 per month. Worth it to get the right one.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Hope you don't mind, I thought I would share the ad for the bigger pictures.
    http://madison.craigslist.org/boa/3920578500.html

I don't think the price is out of line. His ad states OBO, so there might be some room in that as well.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

I sold my 05 LS back in 2011 for 23,500. I paid 23,800 for it the same year and the NADA was 26,600. Not sure if that helps just thought I'd throw it out there.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Thanks for all the help!

Was getting ready to post a similar question. Everybody keeps telling me to wait until the season is over. I am in the Atlanta area. Generally speaking will I get a better deal if I wait a couple more months.

Thanks for the input

Foster

It's possible but some good ones may be gone too. Plus you will have missed out an a few months of good boating. There are always deals for those who look hard for them. What boat are you looking for?
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!