Thread: 2006 LSV

Default 2006 LSV

Has anyone purchased or test driven a 2006 LSV? I am going to the boat show this weekend and we are thinking of buying one. Any thougs or suggestions?

Thanks,

Kevin

Default Replying to Topic '2006 LSV'

I would also like to know what the wake looks like out of the new hull. As well how it handles in the water.

Keep us updated if you do decide to buy the boat.

The wake is really really bad. Fortunately for you I have last years model, which has a great wake (boat guys like to make things worse every year).

As a good citizen I would consider trading you even up. Your new bigger, totally tricked out 06 (and priced right near my 05 last year (totally tricked out)) for my slightly used – make that broken in 05 LSV. Only 92 hours on it – used to haul small children in circles.

I like red and white.

SD2

(that would be no.)
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

Hey Kevin,
    I was just wondering where your located and which boat show you are going to?
    If you are going to the boat show in Calgary, then let me know cause i will be working there for moomba!

I have an 06 lsv with about 5 hrs on it and I love it. The wake is huge and very adjustable with the gravity 3 ballast and the wake plate. It also handles heavy chop excellent with little vibration and no rattles. I have no complaints, it is perfect . Only thing I wish it had was a swivle drivers seat other than that I could'nt ask for more.

I have the EXACT same experience with my new toy.

06 LSV (Outback, not Mobius)5.1 hours so far. Wake for skiing is still very nice at 29-33mph with the wakeplate 90% down. Not tournament level, and I have not skiied across it so no first hand experience yet, but it looks pleasent enough. Wake for boarding is downright amazing. Even w/ no ballast - just the wakeplate up 90% at 24mph it is the sweetest arced ramp. I think you can go check it with a protracter it is so parabolic. With ballast (I rode in a mobius filled up) - it is the same shape, just twice as large.
    I took it out on a windy day during break-in and can also attest to the cross chop ability of this hull. It's not a Mako deep vee, but it cut very well through some nasty white caps.

The boat is larger than you think however. 21.6 feet is a lot of weight and the boat handles "larger" than it looks. This is not a 19' Direct drive or run about. Just feels heavy every now and then. But the 325 more than compensates for this when you need it too!

Hope this helps,

Joe

Thanks Joe and Future. I placed the order for the boat this week. I can't wait for it to get here. We ordered the boat with perfect pass, gravity III ballast, 325 HP. We also added the sub and tower speaker option. Does anyone have any experience with the Kenwood tower speakers and sub?

Thanks again for your help!

I got the kenwood sub tower speakers and interior speakers but I already upgraded the tower speakers and now have 4 fusion speakers up there and it sounds awsome

I have both the tower speakers and sub in my 05. I see they changed the sub for 06, I don't like the 05 sub at all. Within 20 hour the voice coil detached, but warranty covered that. I have the gain turned almost all the way down, it can't handle a lot of power, or it sounds like its blown. But when you order the sub, you get the sub box under the front seat, that looks really nice. So i'm still glad that I got it, but i will more then likely get a new, better sounding sub, in the future. So let me know how the 06 sub sounds, maybe I will upgraded to that one.

I have the factory 4 channel amp, and the other two channel's are pushing the two factory tower speakers. I don't think they have changed them this year. I think they sound amazing, you can hear them when you are wakeboarding no problem, they scream. After I heard them, i got 4 more from moomba, with the Roswell bracket. I then bolted my other 2 on the same bracket, and got another amp.

When my boat came from the factory, they had all the connections messed up, and the amp was not adjusted right at all. I had words coming out of my sub, and nothing but bass, and no words, coming out of the tower speakers. When you get your boat, pull the cover off the amp, turn it all the way up, and start messing with all the adjustments till you get it how you want it. Don't trust any of the factory settings.