Question Impeller leaking in the rear

Has anyone replaced their rear seal on the Johnson raw water pump on an Indmar? Mine is leaking and getting the belt wet at times and causing it to squeal for a moment.

I think this is the part I need to order:
    http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1665

But, I may order IMPELLER KIT (LONG) SERVICE kit while I am going to the trouble and replace everything:
    http://store.inboardonline.com/iwwid..._tree?cat=2350

Anyone have any suggestions or instructions on this work?

Thanks
    2014 Moomba Mobius LSV
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold

Just replaced my impeller and thermostat 4 days ago.

Purchased through skidim.com. I emailed them asking "is this what I need"? and had a response within a half hour. Order placed, done. Their impeller included the gasket - looks like the one you are looking at is separate but price is comparable in the end.

The gasket for the plate covering the impeller is a pretty soft foam so it really compresses and being brass the bolts don't tighten down too incredibly tight. I could see it getting a tear pretty easily. I was actually surprised how loose mine was when I put a wrench to it.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Just replaced my impeller and thermostat 4 days ago.

Purchased through skidim.com. I emailed them asking "is this what I need"? and had a response within a half hour. Order placed, done. Their impeller included the gasket - looks like the one you are looking at is separate but price is comparable in the end.

The gasket for the plate covering the impeller is a pretty soft foam so it really compresses and being brass the bolts don't tighten down too incredibly tight. I could see it getting a tear pretty easily. I was actually surprised how loose mine was when I put a wrench to it.
    I am talking about the rear seal, not the seal on the front cover plate. Mine is leaking in the back of the water pump not at front where the impeller is installed
    2014 Moomba Mobius LSV

Default Impeller leaking in the rear

That's a great deal for the entire pump!

Mine looked like that so I replaced it, however it's a simple rebuild if your spindle is in good shape.
    -Jake

I just ordered a new Johnson Water pump. After researching online it seems impossible to replace the back seal without the proper tools/press.
    2014 Moomba Mobius LSV