Default Replace driver volume controller

I have a 2009 Möbius lsv with the Kenwood deck, wondering if I can take out my driver remote and replace it with this one pretty easily?
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-6ix5Ywf...RM-X60M-L.html

Or would that one not work? Thanks

Also does anyone know what the model number of those kenwood decks are? I'm out of town and can't look it up
    Last edited by kregstrong; 07-07-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    2009 moomba Mobius lsv

The pulse data protocall doesn't transfer from one brand to another.
    Sony has one consistant language through the years, although there are some very minor changes relating to ipod control with various versions. But all the major commands are consistent through the years and different versions.
    Kenwood and Clarion for example, have gone through several language and plug configuration changes through the years.
    Don't be in a hurry on this one. Get it right the first time. The interface information is readily available.

David

Quote Originally Posted by kregstrong View Post
    I have a 2009 Möbius lsv with the Kenwood deck, wondering if I can take out my driver remote and replace it with this one pretty easily?
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-6ix5Ywf...RM-X60M-L.html

Or would that one not work? Thanks

Also does anyone know what the model number of those kenwood decks are? I'm out of town and can't look it up
    Do you have the aeware remote like this one http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...=120994964546#

or a kenwood specific version? Why do you want to replace it? I had some early trouble with my remote (like quite a few on here) but have figured out the issues and since replaced the kenwood head unit with a better kenwood (there was no problem with the old one, I just wanted better features and functionality). I am quite happy with my system, which has a wetsounds eq installed as well (this was a great upgrade for my system and control).

Do a search for 'aeware remote' and you will get a bunch of info to go through.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Well my buttons on it are screwed up so its hard to adjust volume. Is it easy to instal a new aeware one?
    2009 moomba Mobius lsv

No, very easy to install. Minimal wiring. Only issue is I do not think the aeware is readily available these days. Are you sure it's a button issue? I had a similar problem to you and it was just a connection that was not completely solid- signals not getting through consistently.

Might be worth going through your terminations and ensuring everything is solid.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kregstrong View Post
    Well my buttons on it are screwed up so its hard to adjust volume. Is it easy to instal a new aeware one?
    Very easy to replace. The oval non-display Aeware model is interchangeable with an oval non-display Kenwood model. Both are probably in stock. Available in black or white from either source.

David

Yea I do have that one u showed me on eBay, I completely misread what u put lol. I'm gonna pull it off and mess with it. I'm pretty sure its just worn out cause the one on back works perfect
    2009 moomba Mobius lsv

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...ine/KCA-RC35MR

So could I just swap mine out with this one or would I need to run a whole new wire?
    2009 moomba Mobius lsv

I just upgraded my head unit and remote because the factory remote didn’t work. I bought a Kenwood KMR-550U head unit because I didn’t have to change the wiring harness, just plugged it in. I installed a Kenwood KCA-RC107MR remote control which was supper easy to install, using the same holes as the factory Aeware remote. All I had to do is use a dermal with a drum sander and open the center hole a little. The new remote does not use the factory remote harness, you will need to run Kenwood CA-EX7MMR (7 meter) extension cable which was very easy as well. The hardest part was configuring the remote to the new head unit and that was easy. I bought all my stuff from Amazon which saved me a lot of money.
    Kenwood Remote.jpg
    2007 Moomba Outback V

This Kenwood unit is a direct replacement for the Aeware remote control. Same mounting, shape and wiring.
    http://store.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xca...cat=284&page=1

David