Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Berg that turned out great! I know I got a couple preview pictures but they definitely didn't do it justice. Congratulations on the new boat!
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

I don't know if I have mentioned it or not, but your boat looks awesome!
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

Berg,

I just came across this thread and all I can say is;
    • EFFING FREAKIN AWESOME!
    • I LOVE IT!!!!
    • SWEET!!!
    • You better be sleeping with a new Rottweiler out back (though I prefer German Shepherds)

It really came out sweet, and I think it was the perfect thing to do. It is pretty much the same recipe that I was headed down with my '02 until I ran across a deal on another boat I just couldn't pass up. I had already ordered up about twelve different samples (full yards, not the little 4" squares) of different vinyls.

But again, MAN! did that come out a creampuff!

And as far as the cost? If you had sold your torn up boat, took that money and added the $10k - NFW would you have as classy a piece as that baby! And do the math, minus the stereo$$$ and the interior$$$, that doesn't leave that much but to spend on elbow grease.

• And where the hell is your sub? Is it firing down? Sealed enclosure? Ported?

Congrats!! (though now you need to call SeaDek....)

This year's "Zipper Award" goes to....(feel the tension?)....Berg!!!!
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

He really should be featured in the Maniac's newsletter. Drew, how about letting RickT know this should be included with pics?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default 2001 MobiusV - Born Again

Done.

I agree, 10 character rule is stupid.

Wow guys - very honored by the thought!

Eric - sub is up firing. Down firing would have conflicted with ballast hose and steering cable since the sub sits so far back in. I basically lost no leg room. Goal was to have it completely concealed.

Never thought I'd be saying this but I've had to turn it down numerous times for too much bass.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

WOW! That looks amazing! I have a 2000 Mobius V, I didn't know they could look that good. My pet peeve with mine is the solid piece sun deck. Could you give some info on how you made yours into a 3 piece? Also how big of a pain in the a$$ was it to do the carpet?
    2000 MobiusV

Quote Originally Posted by IN$ANE View Post
    WOW! That looks amazing! I have a 2000 Mobius V, I didn't know they could look that good. My pet peeve with mine is the solid piece sun deck. Could you give some info on how you made yours into a 3 piece? Also how big of a pain in the a$$ was it to do the carpet?
    I think Berg's is an '02 and started with a 3-pieced deck. On mine, the whole floor piece comes out, there are some hidden screws that you get to from inside the side storage/cooler lockers kind of a PITA but once it's out then its not too bad.
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Default 2001 MobiusV - Born Again

The sun deck was one piece.
    -Jake

Yes sirs - 2001 and it was originally the 1 piece rear cover. One of my biggest pet peeves too... I can't take full credit for the work of splitting it though. I told the upholstery shop what I wanted and where - marked the lines for them to follow from the bottom side up. They took the original 1 piece and cut it down and reused the backing boards to build the new 3 piece setup. I wanted a very tight seam between cushions and no piping or diamond inlays because the girls are always laying out up there and didn't want pattern tattoos. Also, no indents for releases or weird straps so I copied a strap style I saw at the boat show earlier this year. With the new thicker foam it all fits nice and snug all the way across.

The trickiest part so far has been finding the right size offset piano hinges for the new side compartments. I have some aluminum white powder coated on order still coming from Indiana. No one had or could get stainless in the right size/dimensions.

I don't think you could get away with cutting it down from 1 to 3 and reusing/doctoring your existing vinyl. Just not enough material there to work with or you would end up with some funny seams. Costwise, having it recovered was a minimal difference going from 1 to 3.

On the carpet I really can't give you full details since Newty took care of that for me. From what I know, on mine there are some screws on the inside of the compartments holding the seats down as well as under the rubber trim strip down low on the drivers side. Once you get those removed, prying and lifting the edges to tuck the carpet in isn't too bad. Ripping out the old carpet involves a scraper, tough fingers, maybe some solvent, some swearing, a box knife, etc.

My floor actually has 2 removable panels plus I think the pedestal seat makes install a little easier.

Trick is you need to make sure that you have extra carpet to fold over the edges of those panels and still have the grain all going the same direction as the rest of the floor. So basically order a little extra or oversized. There are stainless screws in the exposed corners but they are buried under the pile of the carpet. The other edges of the panels are under the seat bases, basically wedged in. The new heavier carpet makes the panels fit so tight you probably don't even need the screws holding them in.

I tell ya what, going from completely flattened old thin carpet to 40oz premium is so amazing...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...