Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Default Re: 2001 MobiusV - Born Again

Damn Berg that is awesmazing!! that is a solid investment and unbelievable results to go with it... and with the hours on the engine that low you are set for a long long time!! bet it feels good huh?

from Muh droid .....
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Default 2001 MobiusV - Born Again

Berg, any specifics on how you mounted the cargo nets on the rear locker doors? Looks pretty sharp!
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

I just used the hardware that came with the EZNet kits but used stainless screws. I ordered the medium size which was about right. They give you suggested measurements for mounting and how far to stretch them without any gear. Had to be careful with positioning so that it cleared the lip around the edge where the cushions sit when folded down but that was about it.

Love these things. Originally I was going to use them for ropes, but instead that is where all the flip flops and stuff go now. Used to hate having all those piled up under the helm in front of the sub or buried under a cushion someone was always sitting on. Now they're easy access on the way in or out. I'd probably install a few more smaller ones if I could figure out a good place for them to go!

Same thing with being able to stow my anchor up in the nose under the new 3rd cushion. Used to be that someone was sitting on or always had gear piled on the cushion the anchor went underneath.

Now no more wasted space or "hey move for a minute"
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Better representation of this change. By far one of the best things I've done.

Where did you put your batteries.
    2000 Möbius V
    Indmar assault 5.7mpi
    Perfect pass stargazer wake
    Oj 445 will be replaced soon
    1100#on each side of the eng ,800 in ski locker
    almost enough

Moved them up under the glovebox back when I did the ballast install.

It's great to be able to use the entire rear compartment.

Next move will be new AGM sealed batteries on their sides under the curved passenger seat to utilize that completely wasted, errr, not very easy to access space. It's not an 'if' its a 'when'.

Apparently I don't punish these batteries enough because they keep holding on. Going on 8 summers now!

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    I'd probably install a few more smaller ones if I could figure out a good place for them to go!
    I installed the smaller version (maybe 12" x 12") right behind the passenger/spotter seat back -- we use it to store the assortment of gloves in the boat. Not the most convenient if someone is sitting there, but it beats trying to find a pair when someone wants gloves!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Mine actually already had one on the back of that door - first aid kit, some manuals and paperwork in a big ziplock live there. I'd like to add one or two under the helm on the sides of the foot area for hats and my stuff so it is easy to get to since I'm normally the one who needs to get out quick and needs flip flops first.

Maybe another under my playpen walkway for the handheld tsunami pump to live in so I'm not digging for it.