Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Looks great from a few feet away. Up close not as much.
    ran into that a few times as the bartender yelled out, "Last call!" Sure wish I could undo some of those.

LOL, I can just picture it...

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Lol, I was thinking about those foggy googles as well..... Too funny
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default 2001 MobiusV - Born Again

Berg, how'd ya know it was always the fault of tequila?

I think that picture accurately describes my brother's disease.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default 2001 MobiusV - Born Again

Berg, congrats on the "new" boat! It looks fan-freaking-tastic!!!
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

Thanks all. It was a long sometimes painful process. Once rebuilding time came along a lot of new ideas started popping up and that was fun. You guys here have all been very inspirational.

Only thing I had actually planned on doing this year was the new cover and maybe a bimini. Crazy how things change.

Dude...that Upholstery job is awesome! They did a great job and the Moomba on the back bench looks amazing!
    Did you have a reference for the Bentley's Upholstery shop or did you just shop around. Looks like they do incredible work. They had to be pretty pricey from the looks and detail.
    2014 Moomba Mobius LSV
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold

Bentleys is the one all the dealers in the area go to and they were highly recommended. Spendy - well I guess that's in the eye of the beholder. I went to a few different shops. One the guy walked up, glanced back and forth, and threw out a number. Bentleys climbed in, counted cushions, inspected everything, asked a bunch of questions, then went back and wrote up a formal quote. I felt a lot better about that approach.

Since we had the opportunity to basically start from a blank slate we did a totally different design than the original and they helped to make some suggestions in that area. That drove up the cost, but then I was able to offset that by stripping out all the interior myself and bringing it in to them. Plus that way the boat didn't have to sit down there for a month or two and I could get other things going on it. Then reinstalling all the pieces at home once it was done.

One of the things I'm VERY happy about is that they replaced pretty much all of the foam in the cushions. The other shop didn't even take notice of that where Bentleys was saying that a lot of it was dead and would need replaced. The engine cover foam is probably 1.5x as thick as the old stuff now, by my request, since it gets a lot of traffic and a bit more firm but they added a thin layer on top to cushion it.

The logo embroidery actually wasn't bad. If I recall it was either $40 or $60? They actually made the embroidery shop go back and redo it like 2-3 times until they were satisfied with the quality of it - no extra charge there.

I'm very happy with the outcome overall. In hindsight few little things I would have done differently but I can live with it for now!

Great work. Looks awesome. What did the revamp cost you all up, do you think?
    2017 Moomba Craz