Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Bigger numbers than I ever would have imagined.

Are you sitting down? Grand total between me and insurance for everything was north of $10k...

I had a hard time stomaching that going into a boat that is 12 going on 13yrs old. But if I didn't, then what? I'm stuck with a torn up old boat. I know that cost would not be recouped in selling or trading it but I don't have any plans to get rid of it for the foreseeable future and a new boat payment is not in the budget. So I started to look at it like fixing up an old car. A classic I'll keep so I didn't skimp on the important stuff. It's only got about 400 hours total on the hull and about half that on the engine.

Maybe 10yrs down the road things will change. Who knows.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Well, at least it's a V-drive, so all is not lost.
    2017 Moomba Craz

Well when you start with a really good model and good engine and drive system you can't really go wrong. There's guys that spend more than that just on stereo stuff.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I'm impressed, especially since our boat is nearly identical. Berg, did you use anything special to clean up the fiberglass around where the cushions go? The fiberglass is pretty discolored on ours and it would be nice for it to look as white as yours does!
    -Ryan
    twitter.com/WakeVideos
    2000 Mobius V
    Monster Tower MT2 - 750 rears, GG 1180 center - PP Wakeboard Edition

I've been pretty lucky with the gel coat except now I have gouges around the speakers in the front I still haven't figured out how to get rid of. I just used a soapy detergent mix and brillo type sponge on the inside. Then went over it with a quick detailer. I thought about a full buffing job but in the end decided to skip it.

I do have some yellowing on an outside rear corner starting to show that I may want to do something about. I've read that products with oxylic acid will do the trick but watch out for products with actual bleach in them which can make it worse over time.

Maybe try a marine hull cleaner that is gel coat safe like this - http://www.amazon.com/Star-brite-Ins.../dp/B0014488L4

The dude with the Sky Supreme seemed to be happy with it.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Berg that looks amazing! love the diamond stitching accents. I want to redo ours in a couple years and this is inspiring lol
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

How did I miss this?!?! Berg, that looks awesome!!! Completely updated. Love the vinyl choices.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

i had the same idea if i redo the vinyl in my boat.. i was thinking the blue and white with some grey, along with the dimond stitch and maybe some of that carbon fibre looking vinyl to lay in there as well..i also like the carbon cup holders haha
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Looks amazing! Starting this thread in the pride & joy section is very fitting.
    2012 Moomba LSV

And....$10k seems reasonable with results like that!
    2012 Moomba LSV