Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    you will find yourself surfing. all us old farts are doing it as it's so much easier on the body.

and the young ones are doing it, too. my son is 5 and we're teaching him to surf this season. he loves it!

the current women's wakesurfing world champion was 10 last fall when she brought home the hardware.

go get a V-drive.
    You might be right but at this point it doesn't interest me. I am not an "expression" type of a guy and have always thought the culture around skateboarding and wakeboarding etc to be ***moderated***. Not saying I am right just saying that is how I feel.

I am a go fast guy and spend more time at the cottage in the winter when I can ride my snowmobile than I do in the summer.

Should I buy a boat tailored to a sport I am not really interested in? Don't know??
    Last edited by brain_rinse; 07-11-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Hey, I would recommend you look for the following boats: 2001-2005 Outback LS or Mobius LS. These are direct drive boats and they are identical, just the mobius would come with a tower. The later model years will have a few more options, but they are the same boat. I had a 2001 Outback LS and it was a good boat. Some of them in that model year range are fuel injected, some are not. This boat hull was used from 2001 through 2005 in the Outback LS / Mobius LS and also same hull same years in a v drive configuration as the Outback LSV / Mobius LSV. For 2006, they developed a newer, deeper hull more suited to wakeboarding. At that time the old 01-05 hull became used for the Outback V for 2 or 3 years until 2008 or 2009 or so when they came out with an all new Outback V.

In short, 2001-2005 Outback LS, Mobius LS, Outback LSV, Mobius LSV are all the same boat as well the 2006-2008? Outback V. They are all 20'8" with a 95" beam. It is an AWSA certified hull but has just a bit more room and storage in it than the standard Outback. These were good quality boats that were designed after the current Skier's Choice ownership took over the company. I believe the standard Outback was redesigned in 2003 but check the archives on that - I'd want one the year of the redesign or newer.

Also, you can still slalom behind that boat in a vdrive. It's not too big and is a great crossover boat. I would be open to etiher the LS or the LSV version of the boat if you're not a hard-core slalom course skier because the v drive configuration is more family friendly. Hope this helps some.

I started with a 90 supra comp DD last year I also have two kids - 13 and 7. We bought the boat thinking we will keep for a few years till we grow out of it - Well the oldest invites a friend, the wife invites a friend, the cousins want to go, I have to make two trips from the launch to the dock on a very small lake (Lake Seed) to get all that is going (boat can hold 6). Well I couldn't move do to everyone wanted to ride in the boat, the kids took up wake-boarding, and I bought a 2013 Mobius LSV about 4 weeks ago due to the above!! I love to slalom - The wife loves to slalom - the kids wakeboard and wake-surf - I can hold 13 people (not that I will) and I can tell you it was the best thing I ever did - The V Drive is fantastic for room - slalom wake is not ideal but it was the best decision I ever made! A happy wife and kids are an old mans dream!!!
    rileyk
    2013 Mobius LSV
    Exile XM 9 tower speakers

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

I have a real nice 2006 outback 280 hrs.great stereo perfect pass and real clean
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

Default Looking for general info - advice

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rocket View Post
    You might be right but at this point it doesn't interest me. I am not an "expression" type of a guy and have always thought the culture around skateboarding and wakeboarding etc to be ***moderated***. Not saying I am right just saying that is how I feel.

I am a go fast guy and spend more time at the cottage in the winter when I can ride my snowmobile than I do in the summer.

Should I buy a boat tailored to a sport I am not really interested in? Don't know??
    So you come on to a site full of wakeboarders, ask for advice, and call the "culture" of wakeboarding "gay"?

Good luck with your search, but please choose another brand. I would prefer to have nothing in common with you.
    Last edited by brain_rinse; 07-11-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

I can easily second that Nate

Sent from this thing called tapatalk 2
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Buy. Motos. DD so he can get an xlv, red rocket won't want a big stereo anyhow. He's only a couple hours away in ny.

Fwiw, my friend slaloms a course regularly and stated my 07 obv was almost a clean as their 2001 nautique dd,

I skied them both and yes my friend was right
    Last edited by jmvotto; 07-08-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

A late 80s Prostar was a small boat (19') with a small wake. It is very hard to compare to a 20.5' boat. So the wake will be slightly bigger. Depending on what rope length and your abilities, it really won't matter. DD boats are great and I find comments about space pretty funny. The outback or Mobius will have a good enough wake for wakeboarding and you can get it to surf if needed. Small lakes need some depth in order to get a "good" surf wake.

You will find an open boat DD will fit what you want and allow your family to grow. It will be a lot nicer than the 80s boat for sure.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by NateHaskovec View Post
    So you come on to a site full of wakeboarders, ask for advice, and call the "culture" of wakeboarding "gay"?

Maybe this is his only frame of reference

Or this. One member once claimed these were his board shorts

Dammit drew, you saved that pic, my eyes hurt now..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold