Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Aw, man. I have to clean this barf off my keyboard now. Knew I shouldn't have had eggs with ketchup for breakfast.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by volfo View Post
    Hey, I would recommend you look for the following boats: 2001-2005 Outback LS or Mobius LS. These are direct drive boats and they are identical, just the mobius would come with a tower. The later model years will have a few more options, but they are the same boat. I had a 2001 Outback LS and it was a good boat. Some of them in that model year range are fuel injected, some are not. This boat hull was used from 2001 through 2005 in the Outback LS / Mobius LS and also same hull same years in a v drive configuration as the Outback LSV / Mobius LSV. For 2006, they developed a newer, deeper hull more suited to wakeboarding. At that time the old 01-05 hull became used for the Outback V for 2 or 3 years until 2008 or 2009 or so when they came out with an all new Outback V.

In short, 2001-2005 Outback LS, Mobius LS, Outback LSV, Mobius LSV are all the same boat as well the 2006-2008? Outback V. They are all 20'8" with a 95" beam. It is an AWSA certified hull but has just a bit more room and storage in it than the standard Outback. These were good quality boats that were designed after the current Skier's Choice ownership took over the company. I believe the standard Outback was redesigned in 2003 but check the archives on that - I'd want one the year of the redesign or newer.

Also, you can still slalom behind that boat in a vdrive. It's not too big and is a great crossover boat. I would be open to etiher the LS or the LSV version of the boat if you're not a hard-core slalom course skier because the v drive configuration is more family friendly. Hope this helps some.
    That is great info - thank you very much. I really appreciate the info on the hulls and years etc.

I saw a 2003 Outback posted up here. It looks like a nice DD. It has the rear ski locker etc. Not sure if that means it is the redesigned model. There is also a 2001 Mobius at a marina not far from the cottage.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyk View Post
    I started with a 90 supra comp DD last year I also have two kids - 13 and 7. We bought the boat thinking we will keep for a few years till we grow out of it - Well the oldest invites a friend, the wife invites a friend, the cousins want to go, I have to make two trips from the launch to the dock on a very small lake (Lake Seed) to get all that is going (boat can hold 6). Well I couldn't move do to everyone wanted to ride in the boat, the kids took up wake-boarding, and I bought a 2013 Mobius LSV about 4 weeks ago due to the above!! I love to slalom - The wife loves to slalom - the kids wakeboard and wake-surf - I can hold 13 people (not that I will) and I can tell you it was the best thing I ever did - The V Drive is fantastic for room - slalom wake is not ideal but it was the best decision I ever made! A happy wife and kids are an old mans dream!!!
    I can see that. Our cottage is road access to the back door. The plan is for the boat to sit dock side on a lift all summer. No need to ferry anybody around.

Quote Originally Posted by NateHaskovec View Post
    So you come on to a site full of wakeboarders, ask for advice, and call the "culture" of wakeboarding "gay"?

Good luck with your search, but please choose another brand. I would prefer to have nothing in common with you.
    No worries. Maybe I was a bit harsh! LOL

Wakeboarding just isn't my thing and doubt it will become a focus for me. Perhaps my kids will get into to it but I suspect any DD with a tower will satisfy them for many years to come.

Figured there were lots of skiers here too?

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    A late 80s Prostar was a small boat (19') with a small wake. It is very hard to compare to a 20.5' boat. So the wake will be slightly bigger. Depending on what rope length and your abilities, it really won't matter. DD boats are great and I find comments about space pretty funny. The outback or Mobius will have a good enough wake for wakeboarding and you can get it to surf if needed. Small lakes need some depth in order to get a "good" surf wake.

You will find an open boat DD will fit what you want and allow your family to grow. It will be a lot nicer than the 80s boat for sure.
    Thanks - I appreciate the comments.
    Last edited by Red Rocket; 07-09-2013 at 02:33 PM.

as some one mentioned this site is dominated by wake boarders and surfers. you definetely sound more ski oriented. sounds like a Outback DD is likely the best fit for what you have described. An Ls DD might work for what yo want ao a Vdrive Outback , . I have skied behind both and both have ther good points , BUT The outback DD still has the flattest wake of the bunch,and can and does sufficiently for wake boarding and surfing. go with your gut,feeling. my vote goes to Outback DD. I,m biased of course but ...You have listed all the criteria that an Outback DD would provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rocket View Post
    That is great info - thank you very much. I really appreciate the info on the hulls and years etc.

I saw a 2003 Outback posted up here. It looks like a nice DD. It has the rear ski locker etc. Not sure if that means it is the redesigned model. There is also a 2001 Mobius at a marina not far from the cottage.

I can see that. Our cottage is road access to the back door. The plan is for the boat to sit dock side on a lift all summer. No need to ferry anybody around.

No worries. Maybe I was a bit harsh! LOL

Wakeboarding just isn't my thing and doubt it will become a focus for me. Perhaps my kids will get into to it but I suspect any DD with a tower will satisfy them for many years to come.

Figured there were lots of skiers here too?

Thanks - I appreciate the comments.
    07 Outback DD

We cannot save you. Get the dd, in three years you will be out of boating or in a v-drive. 2005 and b4 the v drives were still race cars. Today, they are all SUVs. Most DDs are still race cars.

Worse still, leaving your boat docked all summer. I cringe at the thought, but my 2005 looks new and many people are good with that plan. I pulled my plug with 2 fingers after a hard 4 days last week. Check it often.

My crew includes an old slalom guy. DD traded for a v-drive there as well.

I'm done.

Would someone please tell this guy what he wants to hear, he needs to walk the path, not look at the map.
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

Please remember the forum guidelines when posting