Hybrid View

Default center bag drain problem... i'm stumped

i have an '08 gravity games xlv with gravity 3 stock system. center bag fills fine, but won't drain. pump is definitely energized when i hit the empty toggle. i disconnected the drain hose at the exhaust port of the drain pump and hit the empty toggle and demonstrated that pump is impeller is fine (shot water into the storage locker).

I figured the drain hose might be kinked between the pump and the drain port on the front starboard side just below the rub rail. Attempted to trace the hose from the pump and found that it was routed under the floor toward the aft end beyond my reach. attempted to trace the hose from the drain and found it went under the floor in front of the dash, again out of my reach. So I could not ascertain if there is a kink.

Connected a garden hose to the drain line to see if I could push any debris/clog from the line. tried this from both ends/directions with no luck.

I'm thinking of simply installing a new drain hose from the pump to the drain port with more direct routing I believe the hose connected to this port is dedicated to the center ballast bag drain, but I'm not sure.

Before I disconnect the existing hose and install a new one between the pump and drain port, I want to be sure this hose is not part of a shared circuit or other subsystem.

Appreciate any help/guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by timmer62 View Post
    Connected a garden hose to the drain line to see if I could push any debris/clog from the line. tried this from both ends/directions with no luck.
    Got a mouse in there over the winter??

Try the garden hose from the thru hull fitting on the boat pushing backwards down the tube into the boat maybe. Or perhaps an air compressor.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

could also try wet/dry vacum held up to the side thru hull
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Got a mouse in there over the winter??

Try the garden hose from the thru hull fitting on the boat pushing backwards down the tube into the boat maybe. Or perhaps an air compressor.
    tried with a water hose, but no luck. do you know if the forward starboard thru hull fitting is dedicated to the center ballast drain? If so, I think i'll just install a new drain line between the thru hull and the pump and not worry about it. i have two other thru hulls just below the rub rail, both aft starboard. one is connected to the bilge pump, the other to the two aft ballast bags, so I'm pretty sure the forward starboard thru hull is dedicated to the center ballast drain. Hoping to get confirmation. thanks

Can't give you a positive on that but there's nothing else that would be draining that far up so I'd say yes. New hose is cheap. However before going through the effort to route a new hose I'd buy a hunk and hook it to the drain port first. Route it over the side and turn the pump on. Make sure the pump has the pushing power to get the water out and truly eliminate a pump or impeller problem from the equation.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I'd say yes--my 03,08,13 LSV's all vented the ski locker overboard on the drivers side in front of the driver
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I'm actually really curious how hard it would be to pull a new line here. I have ended up with a slight kink in my hose right near the ski-locker pump, and the space is so tight I can't repair it. I don't think it'll have any impact on performance, but I am curious how tight of a turn that hose makes from the ski locker up thru the hump in the floor and out the drivers side. Seems like a hell of a routing.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

On my 2006 LSV, the drain hose for the center bag is definitely a dedicated line so yours should be the same. The easy way to tell is to take note of where the water comes out when you drain each of your rear bags - they should drain via their own drain hole, both are towards the back of the boat, one to port, one to starboard. Then you know the one in front is a dedicated drain line for the front bag.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Default center bag drain problem... i'm stumped

I thought all boats pre 09 drained the center bag near the driver.
    My obv had only gi so I added the rear ballast and drained them on the rear
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold