Default Temp and oil questions

I just finished a test drive of a 2006 supra launch And had a few questions. First I noticed the temperature running up between 160 and 180 and wanted to find out if it seems normal. It climbed quickly to this temperature and then held steady Between 160 and 180. Second I noticed a little red oil warning light next to the throttle was on When the boat was idling. I check the oil level and it was fine and It just had a fresh service. The boat has about 170 hours on it and is absolutely flawless other than these two concerns. Any thoughts?

Pretty sure that is a 160 thermostat so between 160-180 should be fine. Higher than 180 you may be concerned. When I dewinterized this year mine was running a little hotter than usual. $60 worth of impeller and thermostat and an hour of labor in the driveway and it was all good again. You may also need to clean out the screen on the water line after the v-drive if there's any chunks in it.

The little red light disappears once you are in gear and past idle. I freaked out when I saw that on my first test drive AFTER I had already bought the boat. Prev owner told me that is totally normal. If it stays on then that's a problem. Did you notice it go off after you got moving?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Problem is I didn't notice it until sitting at the dock at idle. I did check the oil pressure gauge when running it, it seemed fine.

the red warning light is normal at neutral/idle. once you go above 1200 rpm it goes off, if not you have problems with the v drive. if it was on during your lake test you would have known there was a mechanical issue. light being on at neutral/idle is perfectly normal

Sent from this thing called tapatalk 2
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Awesome thanks.