Here is the bottom line, we pitch this event as family friendly because boating is a family activity. We don't want people to have to worry about finding a babysitter for their kids because they are afraid of what they may be exposed to at the jam. We also don't like people coming with kids to not be able to participate in the tie up, if we can just tone it down a bit then everyone can have fun and enjoy the tie, as it was I can already think of one group who did not come out to the tie up due to the antics that go on and that means that they were not featured in the group picture which sucks frankly. We can drink, dance around, play loud music ect, but please either A keep the poles at home or B do not bring them out until the main tie up is over.

And yes we got the cops called out. For those of you who don't know what happened, a resident in the neighborhood that the tie up was facing called Bethy Creek and requested that they do something about the music on the water, when Bethy stated that they have no control and cannot do anything, the resident said that she would call someone who can can hung up. About 15 mins later the sheriff shows up ready to call the game warden out to start arresting people and impounding boats. THANKFULLY Randell Jr of Bethy Creek was able to calm the sheriff down. This was about the time that Dusty and Mike Hodges headed out to pick up the Exile crew.

We have got to be mindful of others if we want to keep having events like this. The GCWA events are HIGHLY patrolled by game wardens due to the party reputation. And when I say highly patrolled I mean the game wardens do laps around the tie ups just waiting for a boat to leave so they can stop them and start with the field sobriety tests.

Not trying to be a dick, it just it what it is.