Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Ouchita

Default Lake Ouchita

My family reserved a houseboat from Almost Home located @ North Shores Resort Marina. We will be going the first weekend in August and will also be taking our XLV with us.

Does anyone have recommendations on where to go or is the lake large enough that you just drive till you get away from the crowds? I was reading that the lakes are rocky bottoms up there so I want to try and avoid any mishaps while up there.

Thanks in advance.
    '05 XLV with '11 hull

if KG doesn't chime in here soon, send him a PM

The lake is def large enough that you can drive away from any crowds.

I'm not real familiar with the north side of the lake but I will help where I can. You might ask some of the peeps at North Shore about that area and things to avoid getting out towards the main lake (towards Brady). I'm sure they will recommend some places to take the houseboat and Hotel Island is likely to be at the top of the list.

The lake is a rocky bottom. Clamcakes had issues when he came up. Hopefully you can avoid that! You can probably search and find his thread.

Here is a link to a map of the lake with a few points of interest. These are just quick thoughts.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...11481,0.247192

Let me know what questions ya'll have and I will try to help out. Like I said, above were just some quick thoughts on a few locations. I don't mind giving additional detail.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

North Shores (aka Lena) is on the north side of the lake. You can come out from the marina and there are a lot of areas without getting in the main crowd...A lot more active below the line.... plenty of water to use above

Capture.JPG

Because threads are always better with pictures .....

Looking at over the area between Crystal and Brady

Island camping (firepit already built)

Irons Fork area ... blocks wind pretty easy ....

Wakeboard cove sunset
    2016 Moomba Mojo

WOW! When are we going?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Looks Beautiful! We are coming up for a week in July staying at the state park in one of the cabins. Any place we need to stay away from. Would like to avoid any damage if possible Anything you can think of would be greatly appreciated and any ideas on other places around the lake to visit. Golf courses ect.

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    The lake is def large enough that you can drive away from any crowds.

I'm not real familiar with the north side of the lake but I will help where I can. You might ask some of the peeps at North Shore about that area and things to avoid getting out towards the main lake (towards Brady). I'm sure they will recommend some places to take the houseboat and Hotel Island is likely to be at the top of the list.

The lake is a rocky bottom. Clamcakes had issues when he came up. Hopefully you can avoid that! You can probably search and find his thread.

Here is a link to a map of the lake with a few points of interest. These are just quick thoughts.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...11481,0.247192

Let me know what questions ya'll have and I will try to help out. Like I said, above were just some quick thoughts on a few locations. I don't mind giving additional detail.
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Sounds like Mcdye has some north side of the lake experience. I have none. The areas he pointed out is where I was saying I don't know about depths, shorelines, etc. I'm not even sure on the time it would take to get from Lena to Brady. Brady to Shangri La is probably 15-20 mins in the wakeboat. (discloure, im kinda bad at timing on the lake, it might futher)

Shane, if you are a big golfer you might appreciate "The Village" courses. The village is one of the largest gated communities in the US (i believe) and has 8 or 9 golf courses, most of which are the best in the area. I'm not sure what the policy is on non land owners being able to play but I can check on it if you are interested.
    http://www.hotspringsvillage.com/infocourses.htm#balboa

Magic Springs (waterpark and rollercoasters, maybe live music) is in Hot Springs. I personally wouldn't come off the lake for it.
    http://www.magicsprings.com/

Hot Springs was a big town of organized crime. There are some things downtown that are sort of neat related to the history. There are ALOT of spa's around downtown that the women like. There is also a spa on the lake at Mt Harbor. Kids usually enjoy the "duck" rides. http://www.rideaduck.com/ducks/index.php?p=home

If you get rained out and have kids .... http://www.midamericamuseum.org/

If you are looking to get wild there is a strip club that is BYOB ... could be dangerous
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Default Lake Ouchita

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    If you are looking to get wild there is a strip club that is BYOB ... could be dangerous
    Definitely Dangerous! I was the best man in a buddy's wedding 3 yrs ago who still to this day talks about that strip club.... That ishhh crayyyy
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

KG,
    Thanks for the info. It you have time I would be interested in the Village course and if we TX boys can get on. We are really looking forward to spending a week up there. Heard lots of good things about the lake. I will def. bring a spare prop
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs