Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

It does from the limited sample here but you can be sure there have been random failures in less time and in more time than you are seeing here.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Trailer riding low

I believe if I remember correctly the supplier of the torsion axles had a bad batch for a few years. 06-08?
    And 5 years has been pretty common. My '06 was built in April '06 and broke in sept '11.

Jerry at boatmate was very helpful in getting parts, but being as I was second owner and was just over 5 years they couldn't push warranty.
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Y'all are scaring me! So far my 08 has been trouble free! I did talk to someone with boatmate awhile back and he insured me the problem had been resolved when the 08 trailers came out. From reading the forum it sounds like they were blowing smoke up my rear

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I'm with you, David. My 08 has been completely trouble free to date. I now have my fingers crossed. I tow long distances every trip so I'm really not wanting to deal with this in the middle of nowhere, if it happens...
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Default Re: Trailer riding low

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Y'all are scaring me! So far my 08 has been trouble free! I did talk to someone with boatmate awhile back and he insured me the problem had been resolved when the 08 trailers came out. From reading the forum it sounds like they were blowing smoke up my rear

Sent from my iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    I'm with you, David. My 08 has been completely trouble free to date. I now have my fingers crossed. I tow long distances every trip so I'm really not wanting to deal with this in the middle of nowhere, if it happens...
    Mine is an 08, ordered it in January and needed one changed in 2010. I custom ordered my trailer so I know its not a 07 leftover. However the axels could have been built in 07.

PWI as usual...

I hate to scare people but guess that is what we are doing right now. I went back over the years of photos and noticed a small change in mine each year. Could be the reason I did not notice it until just recently.

I think everyone that has been posting has a single axle trailer. So that might make you feel a little better if you have a dual. Also my Axle number is A449138. Could help to see if yours is in the same range as mine so you know if it might have been the same batch.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Check the year on the trailers. While my Outback is an '08, the trailer is listed as an '07. Also I spoke with the mechanic at the local marina. He's told me the problem starts if you try and back the trailer's without the electrical hooked up. There is a safety mechanism to prevent the trailers from rolling. If you try to back the trailer without it plugged in, the brakes lock and the rubber block in the axle breaks, no longer holding everything in place. So just make sure you plug everything in, even for just a short move.
    Jr.
    '08 Outback V

This has happened on double axle trailers as well.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Jyj
    I believe that was the death of mine as I backed mine into garage without wires plugged I think right before when mine failed
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Well, I've only tried to do it with the lawnmower and it wouldn't move with the brakes locked so I'm not worried . . . yet.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!