Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thanks for the advice but I have never moved the trailer without everything hooked up. I am kind of a safety person like that.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

we want to do a houseboat trip on ouchita next summer and i know if mine is going to break its going to do on the way there in the worst possible location lol.

if they have known bad batch of axles there should have been a recall to prevent people from being stranded, hell just send me the axle and i will install it but i have a hard time buying news if mine are not yet broken...
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

David, I agree that this should be a recall. They know the Axle numbers in the bad batch, they know who their were sold too and the VIN so where is the letter to save people weeks of pain in getting a new one.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

My axle is supposed to be delivered tomorrow and I hope to have it repaired next weekend. I'll post about time to repair and any hiccups I run into. I wonder if they have thought about some type of bracket that could be installed if the axle fails while in transit. Something to bolt on to hold things in place for short trips to say home or repair shop. Luckily I broke down only two miles from my house, but still had to pay $150 tow fee to get it home. Luckily a friend only charged me two cases of beer to get it back into the lake and another has a free slip. I bought the boat in Georgia then trailered it home to Massachusetts. I would have been royally screwed if this happened on that trip!
    Jr.
    '08 Outback V

I just replaced mine this weekend. This was a 6 hour job. NOTE if you are going to replace yours start with the WD40 right now. Spray it now and often every bolt and fitting. It will save you time in the end. Full install will be coming tonight or tomorrow.

I have posted a how too replace the axle under the How too section.

Default Re: Trailer riding low

Pb blaster.. Works better..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Hello all.

I too have a 2008 LSV. However, my issue is the tires being cambered out and on one side the hub is getting hot. I changed the bearings but saw no wear on the spindle or heat/rust marks on the bearings. Anyone else see this with the lowering problem?

Default Trailer riding low

Hot hub will most likely be a dragging brake rotor

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD