Default neighbours father

back in 2011 we got new neighbours, and it seems like every time im outside near my boat and the neighbours father stops by to seem them, he has to come over to me and ask if my boats for sale..i feel like this happends every year about once or twice a year. today he stopped by again and i finally told him " hopefully next year ill sell it to get a bigger one" so he asked for my number, i gave it to him. so now im thinking, redo the carpet and maybe the seats. if all the hype is true about the 14's maybe ill pull the system ( subs, tower speakers, and HU ) from the outback and maybe use the money from the old boat and drop it on the new 14's..now dont get wrong, im not a rich man haha so it all depends on the financing. if i cant afford the 14, then maybe ill buy a newer XLV or somthing else.
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

You may want to reconsider redoing the interior if you plan to get rid of it. You could come out ahead by discounting the sale price for a fraction of what you plan to put into it. Some people don't care what it looks like as much as price and functionality.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

well i would be doing the carpet myself so i would only be paying for parts..and if he doesnt care then i wont do it..but thinking about it now the 14's will be in the 60s and i probably cant afford, and if that become reality then ill want to find a XLV around the 30-35G range. The father right now owns a bayliner i guess and wants to sell that. so if i can get 19-20 for mine then ill sell it to him ( thats with the new strut in and maybe carpet)
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Carpet is cheap.

Interior - not so much unless you go hardcore DIY. And then in the end is it really worth it if you're not going to get to enjoy it?

Take a look here if you are serious about moving on the carpet: https://corinthian-marine-carpet.com/carpet-specials

They update the specials about 1-2x a month. If you move quick you can get a smokin deal on a remnant piece that would be plenty big.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...