Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

The new Mondo looks great! I like the new cockpit design and lay out of the switches and really liked the DC Pro II features and functions.

I'm curious, were the surfing pics with the 1300 lb stock ballast system or were there a few extra bags tucked away? How is the overall capacity greater than the LSV even though it's a foot shorter?
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

Quote Originally Posted by Boatdrinks797 View Post
    The new Mondo looks great! I like the new cockpit design and lay out of the switches and really liked the DC Pro II features and functions.

I'm curious, were the surfing pics with the 1300 lb stock ballast system or were there a few extra bags tucked away? How is the overall capacity greater than the LSV even though it's a foot shorter?
    Both the LSV and Mondo are 13 (recommended) passenger boats. Technically this number is meaningless. It is based on how many people it can safely seat.

Boats over 20ft aren't even required to be rated this way. I think the stickers are to keep the NMMA happy.

I am guessing they were able to keep the passenger rating the same by having a wider bow.
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

Default 2014 - GREAT things on the horizon

Do all the boats in the Moomba line up get a retractable pylon for 2014 or just the mondo???

Basically to me it looks like a 2 ft shorter mojo

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

When will the supra info get released?
    2014 SC350
    2012 LSV - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Boatdrinks797 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHaskovec View Post
    Both the LSV and Mondo are 13 (recommended) passenger boats. Technically this number is meaningless. It is based on how many people it can safely seat.

Boats over 20ft aren't even required to be rated this way. I think the stickers are to keep the NMMA happy.

I am guessing they were able to keep the passenger rating the same by having a wider bow.
    stock ballast
    I believe capacity is a NMMA formula based on gross weight of vessel, less factory ballast divided by some arbitrary avg weight per person. Has nothing to do with # of seats, configuration, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Do all the boats in the Moomba line up get a retractable pylon for 2014 or just the mondo???
    I think Mondo, LSV and Mojo will get retractable pylon and a pylon will remain an option on the OBV as it was last yr.

Quote Originally Posted by freshturk View Post
    When will the supra info get released?
    later

looks like a very nice boat and pricing should make it a solid value.
    the only challenge I see are changing people's perceptions on owning a boat under 21ft for boarding and surfing. will be interested to see some unbiased and non-vendor produced pics and feedback.

glad to see moomba keeping the brand technology moving forward and pricing inline
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Still nothing on the price for the Mondo?? Everything say "affordable" but they can say anything until we get actual numbers. Even local dealers don't have the numbers yet. Its a beautiful machine and I really want to know if its affordable. I hear they will have one at the Worlds in August.
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Not just affordable...but on "any budget" according to the press release...thought that sounded hilarious..

Quote Originally Posted by drewdwn View Post
    Still nothing on the price for the Mondo?? Everything say "affordable" but they can say anything until we get actual numbers. Even local dealers don't have the numbers yet. Its a beautiful machine and I really want to know if its affordable. I hear they will have one at the Worlds in August.
    go back to post #142

to me, "actual numbers" posted on a forum are meaningless and are only valid once you're sitting at the desk at the boat show or dealership.

So any word on Mojo changes? That green boat you were behind the wheel of looked very sharp - and maybe a little different?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...