Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 07 XLV front ballast issue.. Help

Hi new to the forum, just got a 07 mobius xlv and haveing issues with the stock gravity 3 ballast front bag, the switch lights up for empty and fill but i get nothing outta it, i testest the empty pump on another bag and works fine, i dont know how to test the valve and see if thats shot, any help much appriciated, thanks!!!

Default 07 XLV front ballast issue.. Help

Switch the hose at the manifold under the v drive and see if it fills, sometimes those valves get blocked and gummed up
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

i guess i should of made my problem more clear haha, what my deal is when i hit the switch i get nothing outta the pumps, doesnt turn on either the fill pump when on fill or turn on the empty pump when on empty.. checked fuses by steering wheel and all looked good... i even plugged in the other bags valves to front bag and same problem. i hooked this valve and empty pump up to the other bags and works.. im lost...

Quote Originally Posted by powerstroke99 View Post
    i guess i should of made my problem more clear haha, what my deal is when i hit the switch i get nothing outta the pumps, doesnt turn on either the fill pump when on fill or turn on the empty pump when on empty.. checked fuses by steering wheel and all looked good... i even plugged in the other bags valves to front bag and same problem. i hooked this valve and empty pump up to the other bags and works.. im lost...
    You only have one fill pump.

If it is running with the other switches, and not the front switch, either the switch or power lead are bad.

If it runs with the front switch, but doesnt fill, it is the valve.
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

These switches have two power input. one for the little light, and one that actually send the power to the pumps/valves. If you're getting the light on , but nothing else happens......i.e. no pump of valve actuation, then my bet is that either that power wire to the back of the switch either came of or it blew it's fuse. You need you pop the switch out and see if both +ve power wires are connected and then trace each one back to their source.
    Last edited by Stazi; 06-25-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    2017 Moomba Craz

ok something is messed up.. if i switch accourding to that diagram, the to battery pos and neg both pumps work like supposed to except the switch dont light up, now if i switch it back niether pumps work but the switch lights up per empty or fill. one other thing is all three switchs do not use the to fill positive for the fill pump. thanks for all the help guys!

problem fixed.. now that i feel like a idiot.. just a power connection unhooked from fused bank for ballast.. thanks for help!

Glad it was that simple.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by powerstroke99 View Post
    problem fixed.. now that i feel like a idiot.. just a power connection unhooked from fused bank for ballast.. thanks for help!
    I thought it was going to be that. Glad that you got it fixed....the drawing helped didn't it...it helped me when I was trying to figure out how this things are wired.
    2017 Moomba Craz

Troubleshooter step 1: Inspect all wires and connections. Folks don't always understand what this means or why it is so dang important. Glad you're good to go.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!