Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

It was nice of you to offer to help. In my old age, I've learned it's better to ask and accept help from others. Pride can be an expense vice.

I try to keep my Karma bank as full as I can. I had just towed someone in last weekend. They said they had been trying to flag people down for 30-40min but no one would stop. That really bugged me too.

I have needed the kindness of strangers before, both on and off the water. I know I will need it again in the future!

As for pride being expensive, I think the truck that broke down will need a new transmission because it was making a horrible metallic sound and the rear wheels where very resistive to turning!
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

Default Re: Boat Ramp Crazyness!

We have a great view of a boat ramp from our cottage porch. As we were eating lunch, the following happened. A woman backed a boat and trailer down the ramp and into water. A man got out of the passenger side to unhook the boat. As he was behind the truck, the truck and trailer started to roll. He jumped out of the way and the woman jumped out of the truck. We all watched the truck and trailer dissappear into 8' of water. Luckily no one was hurt, and the best I have seen so far.

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk 2
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Classic.

I had a guy and woman who couldn't get there boat out of the water. So be honest, the ramp was slick. They asked if I would tow them up. I had a F250 diesel truck at the time, no problem. First, they asked if they should unhitch the trailer. I told them that was a "bad idea". So, I let them hook up their truck and pull them and their boat/trailer up the ramp. Back tires were locked up solid. Seems they never released the parking brake and that was their problem the whole time.

I did enjoy pulling a boat/trailer and a truck with parking brake set up a ramp with just a little more than idle.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Pretty funny,

On another note, definitely check your FAE for the first couple outings, to make sure it is staying tight.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

We have six new ramps (new meaning only about 3 yrs old) at our park. There is a one lane access road for "boat & trailer only" traffic to access the ramp. (You would not believe how many idiots drive their cars through there anyway and stop across the top of the ramps to look at the water, load and unload people, coolers, etc. but I digresss) At the top of each ramp is what looks like a long parking space. So you can swing into it, unstrap and then launch. Beyond the ramps is a sort of strap down area. So you are supposed to swing into the space above the ramp, back down, load your boat, pull out and turn right to go over to the strap down area. Well, last week on a busy Sat. a guy pulled out and instead of turning right, he pulled in to the space above the ramp and started unloading garbage, wiping things off, etc. Meanwhile a bunch of us were in line to load up our boats.

So I said to him, "Hey $hit for brains!" and I punched him in the throat. Just kidding. I told him he was supposed to pull over to the other area and not block access to the ramp for others waiting to pull out. The guy took a look and apologized and said he was from out of town and had never been there before. About 10 min. later I had pulled all the way around to the parking lot where I do my wipe down and strap down. He walked over and said he wanted to apologize again. I was in shock. That's not the typical response you get at the ramp.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Boat Ramp Crazyness!

Did someone say redneck? My dad sent me this the thee day from his lake;

2013 Outback V

Default Boat Ramp Crazyness!

Ian, hard to see on the phone, is that a U-haul trailer with a jet ski inside??? That is a classic!!
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelskier View Post
    Ian, hard to see on the phone, is that a U-haul trailer with a jet ski inside??? That is a classic!!
    it certainly looks like it is and there is a dude in the trailer with it. Wow.

I challenge someone to beat that pic! awesome!!!
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4