Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unhappy Boat Ramp Crazyness!

So I finally got my FAE installed and wanted to go try it out. We get to the ramp and I see a pontoon boat with a bunch of late teens/early twenty something's working on the motor. I asked if I could help and they said no so I hopped on the boat and we went off.

After about 20min of trolling around we started surfing. 20min into surfing I stopped the boat to see how the FAE was doing. I noticed that the connection to the exhaust ports were loose and on side was about to come off( my fault as I hadn't tightened it properly). Tryed to fix it in the water and couldn't do it so we decided to pull it out and I'd fix it on the trailer and We would just put back in.

We came back to the ramp and the same pontoon was sitting in the water blocking the end of the ramp. Dropped my wife off to get the trailer. Waited a 5 min then politely asked them to move their pontoon out of the way if they weren't going to pull out. Got a nasty look but they did move.

We got the boat out and I quickly fixed the issue I had over looked. In the short time it took to tighten up a couple bolts the people with the pontoon had backed their trailer down the ramp and after struggling for about 10min and finally got it loaded..... And then their Truck wouldn't start😞

But it dosent end there. They get another truck down there to tow them out and I swear that the truck that broke down wasn't in neutral because the rear wheels wouldn't turn but the dumb rednecks couldn't figure that out. They ended up unloading the trailer and then the KICKER! They unhooked the trailer which rolled into the water and disappeared off the ramp!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!

This is Only a single ramp, and we are 2nd boat inline in a line of 6 boats to put in!
    After about 40min the truck is off the ramp, and trailer has been fished out and they are finally out of the water. It's the craziest thing I have ever seen. And then the Cops showed up because a couple people smelled alcohol on a couple rednecks.

Absolutely the biggest mess I have ever seen. And they didn't seem in a hurry to do anything and were ugly to everyone that asked if they could help. Some people are A-HOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

Needless to say I didn't get to retest my FAE and will have to wait for this weekend
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)

Default Boat Ramp Crazyness!

Sorry for your luck at the ramp but THAT was THE funniest ramp story I have EVER heard! My kids heard me laughing and ran in here to ask what was so funny. CLASSIC!
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

It's starting to become funnier the more think about it. Only thing that would have made it better was if the pontoon had sunk.....except they would have probably left it sunk at the end of the ramp! They were the most inconsiderate people I've meet at the lake so far, but the boat gods had there justice the more I think about it.
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)

everyone has had a bad ramp story, yours is like any others I imagine. Stupid people exist in all walks of life, not just "rednecks". (and no I'm not a redneck, but I get that a focal point of your story was the people were "rednecks"). Boat ramps can be extremely hectic places where chaos just happens. I probably could share a story about every weekend at my boat ramp.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

That is a great story. You have to enjoy watching people at the boat ramps. I use to grab a chair on a busy weekend and just sit at the boat ramp watching the show. This would have been good to watch. Sorry to hear you were in that mess.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Default Re: Boat Ramp Crazyness!

Quote Originally Posted by Salyers View Post
    then the KICKER! They unhooked the trailer which rolled into the water and disappeared off the ramp!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!
    LMAO. This is great!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Default Boat Ramp Crazyness!

Lmao! Where are you from? This sounds like just about every lake in Oklahoma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Cleveland, TN just above Chattanooga. We go to Ocoee/Parksville lake. The Ocoee river that feeds the lake was used in the 1996 Olympics for the White Water Events.
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)

I don't mean to bash rednecks as I have turned into a moderate form of one(Truck, Boat, Guns, Camo, Hunting, Country Music . The people that had the pontoon where the stereotypical version that you see on TV talking about a tornado. Think Deliverence without the banjos.....but not too far removed.

I also think must of had a bug up my bottom yesterday because I would normally be laughing about it just like I am while I am writing this!
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)