Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Well im really leaning towards the wets sounds.. only problem i have with the tower speakers is i would like to keep my roswell set-up.. mainly for the lights haha, do they sell just the speakers without the cans for the tower. As of now i just put a new kenwood marine deck in, if any ones looking for speakers im looking to sell what ever i remove, taking out the kenwood sub also now
    07 Gravity Games Edition XLV
    -EXiled Out System Amps,Sub,Speakers,etc.. Modified Gravity III Ballast, Blue Leds Throughtout boat, still more to come!

02 Moomba LSV "SOLD"

Tow Rig-12' F150 Ecoboost-leveled/intake

You can replace the existing tower speakers with Wetsounds XS-650 coaxials. The WS XS-650 is a conventional in-boat coaxial and not an HLCD, thus is not near as powerful as a Wetsounds Rev8 Proaxial HLCD speaker for example. But as conventional coaxials go on the tower, the WS XS-650 is about as good as it gets. A touch aggressive which is what you want for projection. Built rugged. Very dynamic. With two pair properly powered surf range is definitely covered. Wake range will still be a little weak in the face of engine exhaust with any number of conventional 6.5" coaxials on the tower.
    The conversion to the XS-650 will depend on the particular combo bar version that you have whether blunt nose pods where the speaker is slightly recessed into the pod or tapered pods where the speaker is suspended internally with a 'U' bracket. Two very different installation exercises. Neither is a drop-in.
    In the final analysis, I would recommend a pair of Wetsounds Rev8s or Rev10s. Then, for certain, you'll be satisfied long term. You can always get another halogen light bar for around $200 plus downcasting & diffused tower courtesy lights are separately available also.

David

$T2eC16FHJFwFFZ3NWm7BBRt6mWmFzQ~~60_3.jpg

heres my set-up i have now, i would think those xs-650 would just screw right in?
    -EXiled Out System Amps,Sub,Speakers,etc.. Modified Gravity III Ballast, Blue Leds Throughtout boat, still more to come!

02 Moomba LSV "SOLD"

You might need to look at the Kicker product if I understand what you want to do. Check this out. Phil may be able to add more on this one.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...FZRj7AodeWQAIQ
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    You might need to look at the Kicker product if I understand what you want to do. Check this out. Phil may be able to add more on this one.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...FZRj7AodeWQAIQ
    i like this set-up, i think im going to go with these, fits my cans and and dont have to change that stuff. also i will probly go with the matching speakers for the boat with blue led's in them, priced out online i can get the tower set-up, 6 boat speakers and there 10" sub for just under 700$, steal in my book. thanks for posting this kane
    Last edited by powerstroke99; 07-15-2013 at 09:24 AM.

02 Moomba LSV "SOLD"

Glad to help. This is a good solution for those who like to keep their cans.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Well Totally doing a 180.. after reading and reading and searching and getting a amazing deal from brian on here.. i going with a complete Exile system.. took out all the old stuff and starting from square one..

First things first is im making a new amp rack for the new amps.

bare

mocked up 1x4 green treat boards and cut carpet behind them

painted with rubber sealer and gorila glue epoxy to stick them on

02 Moomba LSV "SOLD"

mounted up, glued and two screws to hold them on

rough fit of new amp board

stuff im coating everything with

new amp board coated in rubber sealer, waiting to dry before i cover in marine carpet

Now I have to wait and goto work and to pay for the stereo and future goodies

02 Moomba LSV "SOLD"

Quote Originally Posted by powerstroke99 View Post
    Well Totally doing a 180.. after reading and reading and searching and getting a amazing deal from brian on here.. i going with a complete Exile system.. took out all the old stuff and starting from square one..
    Oh Yeah!! There goes the "Zipper Effect"

I had all Kicker speakers in my '02 with (6) in-boats and (4) towers in DIYwake's cans with a 12" JL W6 in a custom sealed enclosure (that the guys on this board helped my size) and I LOVED that system.

But in my current boat I just finished a complete Wetsounds speaker (4) Icon8s and (6) XS-650 in-boats (along with the super awesome tacky as hell RGBs!!!) the 12" JL W6, all powered with Kicker's new marine amps and I gotta tell you -- WOW! what a difference, I LOVE listening to that system as much as I do my home system which runs some pretty decent Motion 40s

My buddy has an Exile system and I think you would have been happy with the Kenwood setup but will be REAL happy (and a little poorer) with a full blown Exile system.

Until this summer, I had thought these two "True Marine Speaker" companies were just hype, but let us know what you and mostly your friends think when you are done.
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by powerstroke99 View Post
    I'm happy to hear you found a great solution for your system. I mentioned the Kicker option above based on what you were trying to salvage from what you had. Kicker can be excellent and that application works for lots of folks. But I'm sure you will be thrilled with Exile as many others on here are. Here's some recent threads (including my experience recently). Hope it all works out great for you!

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ighlight=exile

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ighlight=exile
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!