Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Speaker Updating Ideas

I just got a 07 XLV with all the stock kenwood stuff in it, thinking about upgrading fixing the dent/wrecked speakers in the boat, the sub sounds/works fine so ill leave that, any ideas? I just installed a two pairs of these JL in a relatives of mines pontoon and sound amazing

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136MX65...er-reviews-tab
    07 Gravity Games Edition XLV
    -EXiled Out System Amps,Sub,Speakers,etc.. Modified Gravity III Ballast, Blue Leds Throughtout boat, still more to come!

02 Moomba LSV "SOLD"

Tow Rig-12' F150 Ecoboost-leveled/intake

Can't go wrong with those. Others have gone to the Polk DB ones and had some success. The stock kenwoods your year were nothing to write home about. Might think over giving Brian at Exile a call. Sometimes there are deals for guys on this board. Keep us posted and include pics.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Agreed, the JL 650 is top notch. A buddy just got a set from Earmark for his side-by-side and was really impressed with the quality.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Not a bad speaker at all. JL makes some really nice equipment.

Now if it were me, Id call brian and get the Exile XM65's...Things sound amazing. Compare if you can.
    Chris H.
    2012 Mojo
    Wake Life

WS420sq,4 Rev8's,JL Amps,2-TypeR 12's,6-Interior Kicker, Green/White LED

I recently replaced all the stock Kenwoods in my boat for the Polk db651s and got all three pairs for $180 total on ebay. They sound great to me but I'm well aware they are no Exile, WS, or JL. In my opinion, for the money, they can't be beat. However, if I had the money, I'd go with Exile or Wetsounds - both great equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Joey

2007 LSV
    Gravity III w/ 750's and IBS, Acme 1433
    WS-420SQ, Kicker KM6500.2, JL e4300, JL 12w6v2, JL e1400D, Polk db651s, JL JX360/4

Quote Originally Posted by powerstroke99 View Post
    I just got a 07 XLV with all the stock kenwood stuff in it, thinking about upgrading fixing the dent/wrecked speakers in the boat, the sub sounds/works fine so ill leave that, any ideas? I just installed a two pairs of these JL in a relatives of mines pontoon and sound amazing

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136MX65...er-reviews-tab
    Cheaper here, with a cooler looking grill too:
    http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/jl...rtgrilles.aspx
    2017 Moomba Craz

Yes, cheaper from a non JL Audio dealer as compared to Crutchfield or any other legit authorized JL Audio dealer. Crutchfield and legit dealers offer a full manufacturer warranty. The unauthorized dealer gets you no/zip/nadda manufacturer warranty.

David

David, does JL offer a HLCD tower speaker? I don't think I have seen one, and if not, does anyone have experience with JL sound from board lengths?
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelskier View Post
    David, does JL offer a HLCD tower speaker? I don't think I have seen one, and if not, does anyone have experience with JL sound from board lengths?
    Jeff,
    When people get to hear the JL Audio in-boat speakers (MX-650s for example) in a direct side-by-side comparison to other in-boat coaxials they are flat out superior in musicality.
    But it is not a speaker that projects to wake distance, much like any good in-boat coaxial.
    The larger JL Audio 7.7" M770 'T' series is an excellent surf and at rest speaker, but again, not what you would want at wake range as compared to a larger HLCD.
    JL Audio does not have an HLCD.
    They do have an 8.8" coaxial with an oversized 1.25" dome tweeter. They are working on a tower version with a corresponding pod. Who knows when that will come to fruition. While not an HLCD, one would expect that this speaker will have large enough surface area at a true 8.8"s and a powerful enough conventional dome at 1.25" to hang in there at wake range. It's bound to be a TKO for surfing and at rest.

David

Perfect, thanks for this info, David.
    Jeff

2012 Outback V