Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    Until this summer, I had thought these two "True Marine Speaker" companies were just hype, but let us know what you and mostly your friends think when you are done.
    Yeh i thought the same thing, but after reading and doing some homework, i think i made a good choice.. What i am going with is 4 xm9's on the tower .. 6 sx65m in boat and the 12'' xi12d all powered by exile amps.. I cant wait to order it and get it all installed and maybe get a few more runs to the lake yet before the cold sets in up in the boonies here!

after reading your article kane the biggest thing that's selling me is the customer support, there amazing and very helpful
    07 Gravity Games Edition XLV
    -EXiled Out System Amps,Sub,Speakers,etc.. Modified Gravity III Ballast, Blue Leds Throughtout boat, still more to come!

02 Moomba LSV "SOLD"

Tow Rig-12' F150 Ecoboost-leveled/intake

Quote Originally Posted by powerstroke99 View Post
    Yeh i thought the same thing, but after reading and doing some homework, i think i made a good choice.. What i am going with is 4 xm9's on the tower .. 6 sx65m in boat and the 12'' xi12d all powered by exile amps..
    That will be a sweet sounding system.

Don't forget to properly size your power supply system wires and distro blocks.

It's a good time to add an easily accessible pull out fuse (by the amps) and circuit breaker (by the battery connection) as if something does go wrong while out on the lake, it is easy to find and fix.

Also, don't forget the LEDs (looks like your boat is already running blue LEDs) after a day of boarding, my kids cant wait for it to start getting dark so I will turn on our RGBs, all that money on boat, ballast and a sound system and they want to see the tacky LEDs (they do look great!)

Don't forget to post pics of the install.
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Yeh i thought the same thing, but after reading and doing some homework, i think i made a good choice.. What i am going with is 4 xm9's on the tower .. 6 sx65m in boat and the 12'' xi12d all powered by exile amps.. I cant wait to order it and get it all installed and maybe get a few more runs to the lake yet before the cold sets in up in the boonies here!

after reading your article kane the biggest thing that's selling me is the customer support, there amazing and very helpful
    That's almost my exact system!! Except I'm running Infiniti interiors, but changing them over to exiles very soon. It is one loud ass stereo. I love it. I was fortunate enough to talk with Brian from exile for a while at the Texas jam this past weekend and man, he's a great guy. Very knowledgable and helpful with things to look out for. Great products, great people! That's what exile is.
    2002 moomba möbius lsv
    exiled
    2 30.2 amplifiers
    1 javelin
    4 xm9's
    6 sx65m's
    1 xi12d

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    Also, don't forget the LEDs (looks like your boat is already running blue LEDs) after a day of boarding, my kids cant wait for it to start getting dark so I will turn on our RGBs, all that money on boat, ballast and a sound system and they want to see the tacky LEDs (they do look great!)

Don't forget to post pics of the install.
    Just ordered about 15 more strips of blue led's for all the speakers and what not.. still waiting for fed ex to show up with the goods, then i can devote my night to beer and an audio install!

As far as wires and all that i think im good.. doing all 4ga for power/ground, 12ga speakers, 8ga for sub and each amp will be fused separately.. also putting in dual batterys and perko switch.. going to be a alot for a one man crew but i love doing this stuff!

Current state of the project,some wiring done on tower/amp rack, just waiting for stuff.. Will continue to post pics as i get-r-done!

2013-08-12_20-59-46_858.jpg
    -EXiled Out System Amps,Sub,Speakers,etc.. Modified Gravity III Ballast, Blue Leds Throughtout boat, still more to come!

02 Moomba LSV "SOLD"

We are going to do almost this exact same thing this fall as we were shown how incredibly lame our system was compared to everyone at the jam. The amp rack mounts... what did you screw them to? I cannot tell from the pic.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    We are going to do almost this exact same thing this fall as we were shown how incredibly lame our system was compared to everyone at the jam.
    I felt the same way -_- need moar speekerz
    2002 moomba möbius lsv
    exiled
    2 30.2 amplifiers
    1 javelin
    4 xm9's
    6 sx65m's
    1 xi12d

HA whatever!!!

Look at my avatar... now you see!!!!!!!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

mocked up 1x4 green treat boards and cut carpet behind them

painted with rubber sealer and gorila glue epoxy to stick them on
    what i did was cut those pieces of wood to the size i wanted, then lined them up on some fiberglass bracing behind the carpet.. idk if that is a xlv thing to have those bump outs, but after that i traced the block out on that carpet, cut the shape out and removed carpet and remaining glue from carpet.. before installing the blocks i coated them in a rustoleum rubber sealent, then i pre-drilled two holes in each piece of wood and the boat also to make sure nothing was behind that bracing.. after that i lathered my pieces of rubber coated wood with the epoxy gorilla glue and secured them to the boat with 2 stainless screws in each board and let sit for a day or so..

Now to attach the amp rack i made, i simply just screwed the amp rack to the boards with 4 stainless screws then on the bottom of the rack i used some stainless L shaped brackets behind the board and secured it to the floor.. its pretty solid in there.. see how it is after i get the amps on there.. im also going to elevate the amps off board like a 1inch or so to run the wires underneath the amps and blue some blue led's under there..

02 Moomba LSV "SOLD"

You probably aren't too concerned with overheating like I am down here in Texas. But if you are, what I did was cut out the area on my amp rack behind my amp then put small bolts coming through the amp rack to work like studs. I then spaced the amps off the rack about a half inch to allow air flow behind and around the amps.
    2002 moomba möbius lsv
    exiled
    2 30.2 amplifiers
    1 javelin
    4 xm9's
    6 sx65m's
    1 xi12d

Quote Originally Posted by N2OGTO View Post
    You probably aren't too concerned with overheating like I am down here in Texas. But if you are, what I did was cut out the area on my amp rack behind my amp then put small bolts coming through the amp rack to work like studs. I then spaced the amps off the rack about a half inch to allow air flow behind and around the amps.
    Thats exactly what i want to do, but for other reasons and a lil higher off lol.. 1. For running the wires 2. For putting led's on back side of amp to light it up/outline it.. visual satisfaction lol 3. easier to install/remove without stripping out screw holes

02 Moomba LSV "SOLD"