Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Comptech Safety Trick Release Goup Buy

This group buy is working directly through the manufacturer SKYSKI. http://skyski.com/store/comptech-saf...k-release.html
    Ask for Jake. His email address is [email protected] 1-888-SKY-SKI1

MSRP is $650 (they are thinking of raising it to $699)
    10+ participants $585
    20+ participants $525
    Trick Release Clevis $30 ea. (at time of purchase, normally $40)

Deal ends on July 31st.
    Plus shipping, Tax in CA, They accept all major CC, PayPal is possible, but not preferred.

They never discount this product and they manufacture it ALL in house.

I have wanted some type of safety system for my ropes ever since I read this earlier thread a few years ago.
    I WARN YOU DO NOT READ THIS THREAD IF YOU GET SQUEAMISH AT ALL!!!! The image and story have never left my mind.
    http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?11982

Since then I have heard numerous stories of how ropes/handles can become so dangerous. One was how a boat ran over the rope, in the water, and started spooling up the loose rope. As it pulled tight it coiled around a passengers hand and they ended up loosing their hand. I product like this may not eliminate risk but will definitely reduce it IMO.

1. TeamAllen

Pricey system, but compared to . . .
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

There is only one other automatic tension based, release system that I am aware of (currently on the market) is the Cinchmax product for $75. After all of my research I felt the positives of the Comptech were worth it. That's why I started the GB, to help reduce the cost for us. Either way I hope you and other boaters choose one to help reduce the potential risk of rope related injuries on the water.
    Last edited by TeamAllen; 06-26-2013 at 11:13 AM.

UPDATE:

I just spoke with Jake at SkySki. I count 10 people committed to buying the product between the different forums. Jake has only received 4 confirmed orders. They do not want to ship now and issue refunds, it would be a paper work nightmare. One we get to ten confirmed orders they will start processing invoices and will ship them when we get to 20.

So first thing is to send an email to Jake expressing your interest in placing an order. Then spread the word so we can reach 20 and get these things on our boats.

Looks like we reached 13 participants today. Only 7 more to go for the big discount. Lets go boys!

We are currently at 18 participants this morning and I am confident we will make 20+ by the end of the day.

This release is worth every dollar.
    2007 Moomba Outback V
    2015 F-250 PSD CC

2012 Fuse 40 T-bar
    Sky Ski Le-38
    XXX front wing
    UFO rear wing
    Evo tower

I just sent an email to Jake to join the group buy. Hopefully drop-ship to UPS or Fedex depot near the US-Canada border will be allowed. That's how I get most gear from the US.

I got the Cinch Max safety release years ago and quickly stopped using it. It's a huge piece of velcro that slaps the face of anyone in the stadium seat every time the tow line is relaxed. It was quickly abandoned by unanimous acclaim. I like several of Cinch's other products (especially the Neck Roll), but not the safety release.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Thanks to you and for everyone else for participating.

We are WELL over the 20 needed for the max discount. SkySki wasn't anticipating us reaching that amount so soon, so it looks like they will be ending the group buy early and soon. I will know the actual time tomorrow, when the boss returns and I will post it up.

If you are on the fence, it's decision time! Get your email into Jake ASAP! This offer will end soon. DO NOT DELAY!

THE DEADLINE FOR DEAL HAS BEEN SET BY SKYSKI FOR 4:00 PM TODAY Pacific Time.
    That's 5 hours from now so do not delay and get your orders in NOW!!!!

Sorry for anybody that might get missed by this tightened deadline, but it's out of my control.