Default HELP! with setting up Wetsounds 420 & new Amps

Hopefully this weekend I will have finished the install of my new sound system which includes;
    Kenwood KMR-700U Head Unit
    Kenwood KCA-RC55MR wired remote
    Four Icon8s tower speakers
    Six XS-650 inboats
    WS-420SQ zone control
    Kicker KXM400.2 Tower Amps
    Kicker KXM800.5 for the sub and inboats
    JL Audio 12” W6 sub

• What I need help with is what settings on the HU, Amps and 420 should I start with?
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

This is what I used... http://www.wetsounds.com/media/produ...stallation.pdf

Only difference is that you likely have the newer WS420 that doesn't have seperate gains that you can set, so skip that step. I have the older model that has adjustable gains, but I left them right in the middle like this doc suggests.
    Last edited by csm; 06-25-2013 at 06:46 PM.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Those instructions are from an early generation WS-420, but, then new SQ version also has adjustable gain settings.

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    Thanks! That helps a LOT!!!

Now I need two more instructions...
    1. How to wakeboard better...
    2. How to surf better...

Though the stereo should help both...right?

Eric.

If the musics good, who cares how well you ride

Tell me more about the enclosure for the W6.

Icons: hi-pass and about 50-80 hz. I would run the amp in summed mono if you can. Other wise, wire a port and STBD together on one chnl and the other port and STBD together on the other chnl. This helps get all the program material on both sides of the wake.

in-boats: hi-pass @ 80Hz. That new ZXM800.5 has some not so normal settings, so I need to refresh my memory on it and I can get back to you on where to set those other switches.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    If the musics good, who cares how well you ride
    If I ride bad, I turn the volume up or change the song?? I cant find the owner's manual...

Tell me more about the enclosure for the W6.
    I am still using my sealed enclosure which I made out of 3/4" Baltic Birch, then glassed it inside and outside, painted it inside and outside and covered it with marine vinyl( probably not what you meant).
    I shot for a Qtc = 0.8, and got a net box volume of 1.31 cu. ft. for the sealed enclosure.

After this season, I may go to a ported enclosure mounted up under the dash through the helm support.

Icons: hi-pass and about 50-80 hz. I would run the amp in summed mono if you can. Other wise, wire a port and STBD together on one chnl and the other port and STBD together on the other chnl. This helps get all the program material on both sides of the wake.

in-boats: hi-pass @ 80Hz. That new ZXM800.5 has some not so normal settings, so I need to refresh my memory on it and I can get back to you on where to set those other switches.
    Sweet, I will start there, gotta admit, I am old and getting tired of laying upside down on my back in the dark...WHERE are those damn TEENAGERS of mine!!!!!

Eric.

That new ZXM800.5 has some not so normal settings, so I need to refresh my memory on it and I can get back to you on where to set those other switches.
    Mike, have you had a chance to review the Kicker amp settings. I am hoping to get to it this weekend.

Eric.

not yet, sorry. Im about caught up on my current project, so i may have some time to dig into it tomorrow.

not yet, sorry. Im about caught up on my current project, so i may have some time to dig into it tomorrow.
    Just wanted to give MLA, Kicker Phil (yes I renamed him!) and the others on this board who have helped me out with my stereo, wiring and other projects a big THANKS!

This last weekend I finally got a chance to run my new sound system and ballast system as the first time I blew a fuse that I couldn't find and I had (bad, bad, BAD!) the WS 420SQ powered off of the same buss (lazy). Anyway all five reversibles ran great, and the sound system was just AWESOME, I really originally thought the hype about the Wetsounds speakers were mostly hype, but all my buddies were blown away, and there was a lot of compliments at the dock about the RGB LEDs! Kicker Phil's amps performed flawlessly!

Again, thanks to all that helped...and now if you guys could start donating to my kids college funds so my wife doesn't...

Eric.