View Poll Results: What are your plans for the 4th of July?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing, zip, zero, get some earmuffs.

1 2.78%
  • Hit the water early on my Moomba/Supra then home to chill in a folding chair.

5 13.89%
  • Hit the water all day then stay out for fireworks on the lake.

18 50.00%
  • Heading out of town for a big week/ weekend event on the water somewhere.

5 13.89%
  • Heading out of town for a family/other event but no water.

2 5.56%
  • Other- our plans are to . . .

5 13.89%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

109 today and a cooling trend for the 4th with temps in the 90s. Water temps are mid 60s so my body can handle so much shock so I will probably be a land lubber. Our rain is done until September so there is no hurry to get out.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Default Plans for the 4th of July?????? Far away or close to home? Get wet or stay dry?

Well my July 7th plans my be a wash, 50% chance of thunder storms

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Watching the Gaylord Texan Fireworks show with 2.0, kids, and friends... 3 boat tie off.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Well my July 7th plans my be a wash, 50% chance of thunder storms

Sent from my iPhone
    I just heard 100% for ATL area... Can I change my vote?!
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow

Default Re: Plans for the 4th of July?????? Far away or close to home? Get wet or stay dry?

Quote Originally Posted by sicktc06 View Post
    I just heard 100% for ATL area... Can I change my vote?!
    Rain rain go away don't come our way

Samsung S4...

Hittin the lake. I don't care if its crowded. Get there early and ride then anchor up and chill and swim and enjoy the lake. Since there is an 80% chance of rain I may need to find another option. I just bought a 30 dollar remote control wakeboat from target I want to try out Thursday too so I hope the rain holds.
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

Kind of a scary night here. Had a big family get together, bbq'd up a storm for the block party. All was going well.

About 45 min into the fireworks show the crazies put on, a mortar tipped over and shot right into our crowd. Luckily(?) my 72 yr old dad was on the receiving end of it instead of one of the young kids. It made a few random bounces, hit a fence behind him and then exploded right under his chair. We actually saw it coming but it was so fast there was hardly time to react. He started to jump up, but instead planted his butt and raised his legs as high as he could.

I was about 4 ft away and spinning around towards him when the main blast went off. I had my arms over my face so I didn't get burned but he took it pretty bad on his left leg. Knocked him over. I kind of flopped down on top of him and pushed him away from the embers. His leg was more bruised than burned I think but he was bleeding pretty good from 2 wound about the size of a half dollar and a bunch of speckles all over like shrapnel hit him. Our ears were ringing so bad we couldn't hear anything people were saying and eyes were burning pretty bad.

I think it was more shock than pain but man talk about scary. Again luckily none of the rest of the family or kids nearby were hurt but that was definitely the end of our night.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Plans for the 4th of July?????? Far away or close to home? Get wet or stay dry?

Sorry to hear about that berg, hope your dad is ok! And I hope you had those nut jobs arrested that shot the fireworks. Scary moment indeed.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Wow! To a degree, you all were lucky. I've had a mortar tube explode on me but I was far enough back. I always secure the mortar tubes to a large board or fixed object like the sea wall to avoid it getting tipped over.

Glad everyone is relatively OK.

That woulda scared the livin crap outta me. Glad Dad is mostly OK. Whew!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!