Default Polk 651's don't fit roswel cans

Got 5 pairs of 651's today.. cabin swap complete!

The tower is bugging me tho. The polks fit in the cans - but the grills do not fit within the lip of the can. What have you done to make them fit? I don't want to put the speaker in without the grill.. and I guess my only option is to shave down the grill.. I'm afraid I won't do a good job and it will look shoddy :/

I think I had this problem when I put some Kicker speakers in my cans way back when. I just made a trim ring/adapter out of something and painted it black. Looked cool.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    Exile Tunes
    P5 Danielo Diamond 58"
    PWI
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhtg View Post
    Got 5 pairs of 651's today.. cabin swap complete!

The tower is bugging me tho. The polks fit in the cans - but the grills do not fit within the lip of the can. What have you done to make them fit? I don't want to put the speaker in without the grill.. and I guess my only option is to shave down the grill.. I'm afraid I won't do a good job and it will look shoddy :/
    You just need shallow spacers to bring the back of the grill out flush with the outer lip of the pod and still provide a good seal. Any polymer will do....KingStarboard, HDPE, ABS, etc.

David