Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

can you support the tower from above? say a simple rope to the rafters above
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    What cover do you have? I'm thinking I could use my snap covers and lower the tower without issue, but I've never tried it either.
    I have a snap cover. I'm sure it would hold it, but I don't want to put that stress on it. Covers aren't cheap.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    can you support the tower from above? say a simple rope to the rafters above
    Not really, it's all like c-channel aluminum crossmembers, nothing to get a rope around. I could drill a hole in a crossmember and put an eye hook, but my fear is what if my boat drops and it's connected lol! I had my winch cable snap with my Supra, don't want to take the chance. Something funky is going on with my lift right now, I don't trust it even though it just got new winch cable, and a new pulley.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

we store the boat in the garage with the tower folded. i fold the legs forward so that i can get in and out of the boat easily, and so the legs don't chip the gel coat, but i have gator grip on the gunnels to protect and to step.

i have the wake board racks on the upper cross bar. when the tower folds down, the racks rest on the side cushioin so there is no contact with the gel coat. i have put the tower down on the snap cover before, but that was before the exiles grew from the tower.

after we put the boat in the garage, we support the tower from the rafter. but i understand your concern. about the lift dropping with the tower hooked to the roof. i have see nothers craft a samll post to support the tower, from the floor, or from the gunnel.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved