Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by cornrickey View Post
    I'm done with the design of the gates. I wasn't able to get it to work with the surf side retracted. I will be removing the surf side gate when switching sides. still it only takes about a minute to do compared to moving bags and there isn't any lean, all bags are hidden and I decrease the weight by about about 1200 lbs. it's a no brainer.
    Did you post pics up somewhere of your wake with and without the gate? I'd definitely be interested in doing it, but now that I have the weight I want in my boat I can't really imagine needing to make the wave better. I like my wake steep, does your gate cause the shape to change, or same shape just longer due to converging further back?

I plumbed in my 1100 yesterday with a $0.76 sprinkler system 3/4 splicer and 3ft of braided vinyl hose. Nate and I are trading bags, I shipped his out today, so I'll have a 650 on the right side now. Both splicers and the hose was $11 at Lowes. So cost for me to upgrade my ballast was $200 for the 1100 sac, $11 for plumbing materials, and $37 in shipping to send my stock bags to Nate (did 2 day to make sure he had them by the weekend). So $248 got me a sweet surf wake and an bigger wakeboard wake than before, and all plumbed in as I wanted; I think I did pretty good! I'm sure the 650 on the right will make an acceptable wake for any of my friends that ride goofy...honestly don't think I've had somebody surf goofy on my boat in 2 or 3 years.

Does anybody really glue in your fittings like they came from the factory? I've never needed to, or even thought of, gluing them in, but I also never had them plumbed in before on my Supra.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Does anybody really glue in your fittings like they came from the factory? I've never needed to, or even thought of, gluing them in, but I also never had them plumbed in before on my Supra.
    Nah, just a little pipe tape.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post

no glue, little Teflon tape and all stays dry. now if I could only get the dang glued in fittings out of the original bags I would not have had to buy other bags.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    no glue, little Teflon tape and all stays dry. now if I could only get the dang glued in fittings out of the original bags I would not have had to buy other bags.
    It's super easy to do, did you watch the video in resources on wakemakers? Just put a hair dryer (not a heat gun) on it for 15 minutes on high (the longer the better). The black plastic expands way more than the plug, so then you actually just pop it out with your foot; not unscrew, basically you pry it out by using your feet. I did all 4 no problem, and Nate did his 2 no problem in the bag he's sending me.

didnt know there was a trick to removing them, i'll search out the video. Thanks. may have even more surf ballast
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    watched and learned. Thanks. think I will have to give it a try. more ballast is allways good right?
    Last edited by moombadaze; 06-27-2013 at 05:44 PM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Default Plumb in extra rear bag?

Yep, as long as it isnt the result your wife sucking down boxes of Bon-bons.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 06-27-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Wax

Did you ever add an IBS to your boat? Filling it from the vent off the center sac is probably the easiest. Plus, seeing that you are filling an 1100# in the rear, it would take about the same time to fill the 400# center and 650# IBS. If you are still using aerator pumps, I forsee one problem. You may need to add a valve to the center sac drain. If you do not block the center bag drain, then the IBS may not fill completely.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

I haven't added one yet. Not sure if I'm going to. I love my wake as is, I'd have to try to simulate it with people or something to see if it's worth it.

Sent from my fourth replacement Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 4...