Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Plumb in extra rear bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Well hmmm. This blows my mind, 1100 seems like so freaking much lol! Here's what I would really like to happen...I'd like to have everything hooked up to my stock switches so I don't have to use any more freaking bags and pump. I want to be able to switch from surf to wakeboard all with the flip of a switch, and not have to ask people to get up and move, or plug sh!t in. I think that if I went to 600s or 750s I'd of course get a better wake than what I have now (that's over twice as much in the rear lockers!). I know it's won't be a monster like you guys are all doing, but I surf just fine on mine right now as is with just adding that 350 on the left side (and it doesn't fill all the way up, it's maybe 200lbs).

I'm afraid if I go to 1100s then I'll have to get that $330 1180lb front bag. Out the door on wakemakers I'm looking at $800 in that scenario. I don't want to have to fill up my extra bags in the front. The 750s on wakemakers bagbuster is going to cost me $360 (which isn't bad, I'll spend that), just I don't want to have to add the center bag too. I was trying to add a little more weight on the cheap. I don't want to change props or any of that junk either.

Maybe if it's just me and a buddy or something and we're really just surfing, I can fill up my extra stock bags somewhere to add another 550lbs. I don't mind doing it, but when we go from tubing to surfing to wakeboarding, it's amazing just flipping switches compared to my old Launch where I had 5 bags to mess with.
    I don't know what to tell you, really. It's a disease and the upgrades can't be stopped in my world. To be clear, my 08 lsv is setup as follows: 400 in the locker. 650 in the bow, 1100 in each locker (braced), dedicated pumps for each locker and the front/ibs are on their own pump but connected together. I have retained the factory switches and have everything out of sight and plumbed in. All I have to do is hit the switches and let it happen. I did have the same setup with the factory single pump and valves and that worked fine with the exception of fill time. Also, I have multiple props, depending on where I am boating (I range from 4000 - 7000' in altitude on my lakes). Unfortunately, one change will likely spark another and that just seems to continue....

It's an expensive sport/ lifestyle, I have found.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    It's an expensive sport/ lifestyle, I have found.
    Oh I know the feeling, this isn't my first rodeo. I had at least $800, maybe more, into my fat sac setup in my Launch. Unfortunately, the buyer wanted to keep all of them with the boat! Which was understandable.

So I'm wondering why did you go IBS? I was thinking I'd just go to that longer 1180lb center sac, if I actually stepped up to 1100s in the back. Why plumb in the extra IBS if you can get a center sack that's 780lbs heavier than our stock ones? I just assume it goes way up into the bow. It's 88x19x19. I think our stock ones are just shorter, but same width and height.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Oh I know the feeling, this isn't my first rodeo. I had at least $800, maybe more, into my fat sac setup in my Launch. Unfortunately, the buyer wanted to keep all of them with the boat! Which was understandable.

So I'm wondering why did you go IBS? I was thinking I'd just go to that longer 1180lb center sac, if I actually stepped up to 1100s in the back. Why plumb in the extra IBS if you can get a center sack that's 780lbs heavier than our stock ones? I just assume it goes way up into the bow. It's 88x19x19. I think our stock ones are just shorter, but same width and height.
    No, the 400 fills the ski locker. There's no way the 1180 would fit in there on my boat.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

No, the 400 fills the ski locker. There's no way the 1180 would fit in there on my boat.
    That's what I thought, I was confused on how it would fit. I didn't look and see, but I just assumed it could extend up into the bow. I wonder why wakemakers says it fits our boats?

Also could anybody tell me what the difference is in hose fittings? Like why on wakemakers if I upgrade to 750lb or 1000lb sacs do I need a new quick connect extension adapter with it? I would think that I could just pull the quick connect plugs out of my bags and put them in the new bags, as I assume all Fly High sacs have the same size holes. Am I wrong in assuming that?

That's what I thought, I was confused on how it would fit. I didn't look and see, but I just assumed it could extend up into the bow. I wonder why wakemakers says it fits our boats?
    I could be wrong but I believe it fits the xlv, maybe mojo?
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Also could anybody tell me what the difference is in hose fittings? Like why on wakemakers if I upgrade to 750lb or 1000lb sacs do I need a new quick connect extension adapter with it? I would think that I could just pull the quick connect plugs out of my bags and put them in the new bags, as I assume all Fly High sacs have the same size holes. Am I wrong in assuming that?
    On some of the bigger bags, the fitting locations are more on top of the bag and further in from the ends. My factory hoses were not long enough, and I changed to 1" lines with the new pumps for extra flow/ volume.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

On some of the bigger bags, the fitting locations are more on top of the bag and further in from the ends. My factory hoses were not long enough, and I changed to 1" lines with the new pumps for extra flow/ volume.
    Sorry, I just realized I misread your question. The holes are the same and you can swap the fittings. Most would upgrade to 1" fittings when going to a larger bag, but that requires upgrading hoses as well. Doesn't sound like you are going to that stage right now.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

OK great, yeah that was my question. There's a couple members on the forum I'm talking to about getting their 600lb bags from, and I had just assumed I could swap out my fittings on to that bag.

I see no reason why that won't work.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro