Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Plumb in extra rear bag?

My question is has anybody ever plumbed in an auxiliary bag to your factory G3 system? I see a lot of people going to bigger bags, but I couldn't find info on somebody adding in a plumbed bag.

Here's my thought. I like the wake for wakeboarding just fine with the stock weight. For surfing I fill up a 350 pounder that's kind of halfway under the seats and halfway in the rear locker (I don't want to cut out the cooler). What I was thinking is adding another bag to the left locker, and putting in two y valves in front of the bags, both for fill pump and empty pump. This way I could fill up stock ballast for wakeboarding, and then when it's time to surf I could just fill up the auxiliary bag by turning the valve and flipping the left ballast switch. Same thing to empty, I could empty one or the other individually, or both.

When I surf, I leave the right empty and fill up my stock bag and that aux 350 bag on the left. It's a pretty good surf wake as is. I was thinking if I add another bag on the left, I could also fill up the right and the boat will still list enough while adding the most weight possible in the back. Maybe at that point I'd also just throw the 350 in the front or something, probably wouldn't need it in back anymore.

Or I could just upgrade to bigger rear bags, like the 750 pounders. That's probably way easier lol.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

i see no reason that would not work.

I know you dont want to, but I would cut out that cooler just to get more ballast under the seat
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    i see no reason that would not work.

I know you dont want to, but I would cut out that cooler just to get more ballast under the seat
    If I cut out that cooler in this boat I just spent that much money on, my wife would freak out like no other! Plus who doesn't like a cooler?

build extensions hoses from the other locker to were you put the extra bag. disconnect the locker bag and connect the extensions. you may have air lock issues with emptying but filling will not be a issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Plus who doesn't like a cooler?
    if was trully a cooler, I think the ice melted faster in there than if a bag of ice was left on the engine cover in full sun
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

if was trully a cooler, I think the ice melted faster in there than if a bag of ice was left on the engine cover in full sun
    Yep...was pretty worthless. We used it as dry storage until we cut the cooler out. Wife was all for it since we didn't have to have bags on the seat anymore. I have plumbed in a tube sack under both side seats and an IBS. All three of these utilize the same pumps and switches as the factory setup. I just ran hose and used one bosworth valve per pump. Cutting the cooler is no big deal and if you do it right it looks factory.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

I must have the only cooler that works. I do pre chill my cooler the night before and only put in cold beverages. I do put in a couple of frozen bottle waters. My ice will easily last all day. My only complaint about the cooler is it needs to be bigger.
    2015 Supra SE 550

Or I could just upgrade to bigger rear bags, like the 750 pounders. That's probably way easier lol.
    You just answered your own question. It would be WAY easier to just upgrade the rear bags to either 750's or 1100's and only fill them part way for wakeboarding, and all the way for surfing.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

What are the stock bags in my boat? 400lbs each? Front is 400lb also isn't it?

Yes, that would be better. I don't want to go through the hassle of reinforcing my floor and all that for the 1100s, somewhere around 600-750 would probably be good on each side.

What are the stock bags in my boat? 400lbs each? Front is 400lb also isn't it?

Yes, that would be better. I don't want to go through the hassle of reinforcing my floor and all that for the 1100s, somewhere around 600-750 would probably be good on each side.
    I had 750s last year and sold them for the 1100s. I haven't reinforced anything or seen the need to yet so my advice is to go 1100s because you will end up upgrading again anyway. I was told the same thing last year and didn't believe it...not even 6 months later those 750s were up for sale!
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...