Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

And you're right, I'm not nearly to that stage. That will be if I decide to upgrade pumps and what not, and go to 1100lb bags. I'm assuming most people that go to 1100lb bags upgrade their pumps? It would take a long time to fill up that big of a bag it seems. It just sounds like for my purposes it's better to find some less expensive used bags right now, and maybe down the road I'll go 1100 if I feel it's necessary. If I end up buying new though, I don't see why I wouldn't just spend the extra $80 and get the 1100s now.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Default Plumb in extra rear bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    And you're right, I'm not nearly to that stage. That will be if I decide to upgrade pumps and what not, and go to 1100lb bags. I'm assuming most people that go to 1100lb bags upgrade their pumps? It would take a long time to fill up that big of a bag it seems. It just sounds like for my purposes it's better to find some less expensive used bags right now, and maybe down the road I'll go 1100 if I feel it's necessary. If I end up buying new though, I don't see why I wouldn't just spend the extra $80 and get the 1100s now.
    Definitely, if you buy new, just buy 1100's. you can fill them as much as you need to. Hopefully you are looking at a killer deal to make the 600's worth it. I found I wasted money being resistant to going all out and I ended up doing that exact thing in the end.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Seems like a few guys on here have bought new Mojos with the 650s and upgraded to 1100s already, so I was going to try and snag somebody's 650s for cheap. At least half or less of what it would cost for new 1100s, althought I'll probably still need the extensions from wakemakers if I go to 650s...?

How did you plumb in your front IBS sac? Did you just do like a T connector at each the fill and empty connections on the center bag?

Yeah I want to go all out, but I mean that's some serious cash for just some bags lol!

I'm using my stock 3 reversible pumps with all six of my bags. Everything is plumbed and bags are all hidden. I can also control each bag independently if I want to. I have found that I only really use the IBS when I have a bunch of people in the boat.

People who surf my boat tell me all the time how much they like the wave. It's really nice to hear that from people who have or, like the guy today, work for one of the "other guys". Wish I went 1100 from the beginning and would've saved $300. I let my 750s go way too cheap!
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

I stacked both 650's on the surf side so I can see if I really need the 1100's. I will let you know tomorrow if stacking works well and if I want to work a deal on my 650's.

I also installed vent check valves. I think these are necessary if you plan to stack bags.

I am thinking your 275's would fit up front in my bow area, so I may do a trade still.
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

Thanks Nate. How the heck are you going to stack, just gonna fill one up using an auxiliary pump or something?

Just let me know once you know, I'm definitely still interested!

How did you plumb in your front IBS sac? Did you just do like a T connector at each the fill and empty connections on the center bag?
    I have the center locker 400 plumbed like normal, but I vent the 400 to fill the IBS (I have t'd that fill line and fill both legs at the same time). I have the IBS vented to relieve pressure. In regards to empty, I have t'd the empty lines together (both legs of IBS and center locker) and use the factory empty pump.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Thanks Nate. How the heck are you going to stack, just gonna fill one up using an auxiliary pump or something?

Just let me know once you know, I'm definitely still interested!
    I plumbed the vent of the bottom bag to the fill port of the top bag. I then vented the top bag through the thru-hull with a check valve installed.

If all goes according to plan, the bottom 650 will fill, then fill the top 650. I assume that I will have to stop the pump before the top 650 lifts the sun pad.

If the setup works, I will send you the details. Maybe stacking the bags you have now will do until the offseason.
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

you will be right were tbey are at in short time. get the 750s and be done with it. Or spend the money on building some wake gates and decrease your overall weight (bags) needed and eliminate the lean. the extensions with the bags are needed because the factory hose won't reach to the taller bag fittings.

cornrickey, I saw your wakegate thread over on the Supra forums, actually just read through it again today. Looks like you are still trying to dial it in quite a bit? I'm sure somebody will come out with a kit (maybe that's your plan?), and then pay Malibu royalties lol! When I first saw it, all I thought of was just putting two hydraulic wakeplates (trim tabs) vertically and doing the same thing, but maybe with a longer trim tab (I've seen some quite a bit longer than the wakeplates on offshore style boats).

Nate, I don't really want to stack the bags because I wakeboard as much as I surf. Half the reason I upgraded to a newer boat was so I had plumbed ballast and could switch from sport to sport whenever (we tube, and I throw on the slalom ski every now and again). I think I'll be fine with 650s or 750s or 1100s, since it will be more than what I have now and like I said before I can surf all day on my wake as is and it's a good wakeboard wake too with what I have. Just always trying to get a little more, never satisfied as my wife says! If I can get your 650 bags, or the other members, for a good deal I'll probably go for it. Otherwise if I have to go new I don't see a point to get 750s when the 1100s are only $80 more. Can always put less weight in a 1100, can't really do more weight in a 750!

Are there aftermarket ballast gauges? I was actually thinking if I got the 1100s, I could basically put some sort of measurement on the wall, like showing percentages full of the bag so I can fill each side up as close as possible to the same amount. That would be the easiest way to do something like that, atleast easiest I could think of. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to eyeball it anyway. I just don't think I'll wakeboard with that much weight, 750 is probably just about right but I wouldn't mind having 1100 for surfing.