Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mechanically UNinclined

So I have been having problems with my rear ballast not filling. I got my tools ready and tackled the project of changing out the impeller. I even watched the wakemakers video. After a ton of sweat and knicks and bruises I thought I had the cover removed to change out the impeller. Turns out i just unscrewed the wrong end. I unscrewed the bottom part and didn't see an impeller!! Took me about 5 minutes and a few springs popping out from the bottom of the jabsco pump to realize what I did wrong,!!

Needless to say I am now on wakemakers buying a new pump and 2 impellers, might as well change all 3 out while I'm building up a sweat in the little box. This is a perfect example of why I don't do my own maintenance work on my beloved Moomba.....smh

sent from Apple's competitor via tapatalk 4
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

I too suffer from this issue. Don't feel bad.

Dusty would tell you the only tool I used on my stereo project was a pillow.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Count me in that group as well...........probably why most of us are on this forum -- to "sponge" all the info we can from the guys that really know what they are doing!!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Dusty would tell you the only tool I used on my stereo project was a pillow.
    that & Dusty himself, right?

Any pictures so we know which way is backwards, or the right way... I may end up doing this next season as well...
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    Any pictures so we know which way is backwards, or the right way... I may end up doing this next season as well...
    watch the video from WakeMakers on how to do it correctly. Unfortunately, petty didn't take vid of how NOT to do it.

http://youtu.be/im4Xz7yvzd0

Why not just put the motor end back on and save the cost of a new pump?

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    The black metal end with the wires is the wrong end. The bronze end with the water hose is the right end. Theres 3 brass screws that hold the impeller cover on.

Default Re: Mechanically UNinclined

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Why not just put the motor end back on and save the cost of a new pump?
    I did that but there are 2 springs in there and they are now tore up. I was finally able to get the springs back in and get it all bolted back up and wires plugged back in and now there is no power to the pump.

My new pump will be here Friday and when I get it switched out I will have the bad one available for anyone that wants it. I asked Spencer at WM if he wanted it to refurbish it and he said he don't work on them so if anyone on here wants it to repair just let me know

sent from Apple's competitor via tapatalk 4
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

No power to the pumps means you tripped the breaker or blew the fuse......new pump wont work either. Power to pump, pump dont run, means problem with pump....new pump fix.